CFA Noob

Hi there is there an estimate of what the “passing score” is for the CFA lvl 1 exam? Stalla indicated that no one who scored an 80% has ever failed… I guess thats a benchmark! Also I know if you fail Ethics you fail the whole exam, are there any other sections that require an individual “passing score” for the particular section? Your help is appreciated regards

Stalla says no one who scored 70% has ever failed… I guess thats a benchmark!

o was it 70%? are you sure it was 70%?

Yep, it says “no candidate scoring above 70% has never failed”

did you get that from one of the lessons cd-roms or was that on their website? thanks

it is written in the last pages of the stalla books.

strangedays Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Stalla says no one who scored 70% has ever > failed… I guess thats a benchmark! Stalla doesn’t know (but I suspect they are right). You have to meet the “minimally qualified” candidate def’n of Angoff. Hard to believe that anybody would say that 70% doesn’t meet that standard. It’s passing on every test I’ve ever taken…

Thanks Strange! Joey, the tests you have taken… I am assuming those are the CFAI practice exams? or the Schweser books? Those tests give you a cut-off score? regards

It seems that 70% is good enough to pass, but dont over analyze scores because CFA changes their grading guidelines year by year depending on a) results b) difficulty of exam c) their mood. You should expect the 70% estimate to approach 80% as the number of multiple choice answers gets trimmed down to 3.

I know a guy that went 3/3 and failed ethics every time.

roumancesoiree Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks Strange! > > Joey, the tests you have taken… I am assuming > those are the CFAI practice exams? or the Schweser > books? Those tests give you a cut-off score? > > regards No I mean all the tests I have ever taken - grade school, college, grad school, CFA exams probably. It’s just really hard to fail someone with a 70%. I can assure you that on the essay parts of CFA exams I have graded a 70% puts you in very good company without any question that you pass.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > roumancesoiree Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Thanks Strange! > > > > Joey, the tests you have taken… I am assuming > > those are the CFAI practice exams? or the > Schweser > > books? Those tests give you a cut-off score? > > > > regards > > > No I mean all the tests I have ever taken - grade > school, college, grad school, CFA exams probably. > It’s just really hard to fail someone with a 70%. > I can assure you that on the essay parts of CFA > exams I have graded a 70% puts you in very good > company without any question that you pass. essay parts for lvl 1? *yikes!

Not for LI, for LIII now and previously LII.