CFA on Resume

How and where do you put CFA on the resume, and do you put the year that the charter was awarded? (i.e. CFAI 2009) Didn’t see any guidance in the handbook for this. Appreciate the help.

L3BeastIt, CFA + I’ve seen some then put it under either education or “additional” type section.

You should include a section on you resume called “CFA”. The description should be “As a CFA, I am guaranteed to produce superior investment results and financial analysis”.

Maybe adding a watermark with that little logo they send you with your acceptance kit. Generally, when you get your charter is not so relevant. It’s a bit like putting the date of passing your drivers license exam - what really matters is whether you have it or not. They can ask in the interview if they want to know.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Maybe adding a watermark with that little logo > they send you with your acceptance kit. > > Generally, when you get your charter is not so > relevant. It’s a bit like putting the date of > passing your drivers license exam - what really > matters is whether you have it or not. They can > ask in the interview if they want to know. I think it may be relevant if you’ve worked x number of years in BO- I would think it would make a difference if you got the charter 10 years ago or 1 year ago, and are working in BO

Don’t be the guy that puts passed L1, L2, L3 on first try… adds a bit of douchery to your profile imo (i passed on first try but just have L3 candidate)

I think you should incorporate your charterholder status into a seal that you apply to your resume with sealing wax. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealing_wax Maybe you could come up with a personal coat of arms (if you don’t already have one) for your seal that also includes your charterholder status. Maybe you could use the one shown on the Wikipedia page of the Fonseca Padilla family of Jalisco, México as a model. That would be sick (or enfermo, as they say in México). This would force you to use only hard copies of your resume, but I think the effect would be worth it.

I have “CFA” tattooed on my arm. That way, I don’t even need to mention it. People just ask me, “Do you have a CFA charter”, to which I answer, “How did you know?”.

Hello Mister Walrus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have “CFA” tattooed on my arm. That way, I don’t > even need to mention it. People just ask me, “Do > you have a CFA charter”, to which I answer, “How > did you know?”. haha you should get the tatoo shaped like the triforce with cfa mba and cpa

Captain Windjammer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think you should incorporate your charterholder > status into a seal that you apply to your resume > with sealing wax. > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealing_wax Is that what Mick Jagger’s talking about in 19th nervous breakdown? I’d always thought it was ‘ceiling’ wax, but sealing wax might make more sense.