CFA...one of the most difficult exams in the world?

The MCAT’s 200-300 hours of study are review hours, it’s a 3 year build up of 60+ class/semester hours of prerequisite that have very high attrition rates per class. Before that, you had thousands of study hours. No one ever had walks into an mcat just reading the review materials and takes the test because even if you did well, you need the prerequisites for med school admissions.

Unlike the CFA where someone with a bachelors, couple grand, calculator and pencils, can knock it out in like 18 months, 12 if you only count the study time.

Ok, I’m not going to argue if the MCAT is harder than the CFA program.

My point is that the CFA is a hard program. 12-18 months of studying with a completion rate of 20%. I’m not saying if you complete it that you’re smart but I would say you went through some shit.

Yeah, it was a grind.

I think that you’re confusing “test” with “everything involved in getting the certificate”.

EG - the CPA “curriculum” is fairly easy. 150 college credit hours, 30 of which have to be in accounting. Not a very high bar. But the CPA exam is fairly hard, even if you’ve seen all the information before in undergrad.

The “curriculum” for attorneys (at least in Texas) is extremely difficult. Three years of law school. (hat’s AFTER you get your Bachelor’s.) But the Bar exam is much easier than the CPA exam (maybe because they studied for so long for it).

So the CPA exam is harder than the Bar exam, but it’s much more difficult to become a lawyer than a CPA.

Plus, with a lot of standardized tests (such as SAT and GRE), there is no “passing” score. There is no “pass”. There’s only a score that measures your aptitude. So to compare a test like that to a true pass/fail test is not a good comparison. (I have no idea if the MCAT is a “score” test or a “pass-fail” test.)

I know this isn’t a CFA vs MCAT thread, but I have first-hand knowledge of the studying that goes into both. My daughter spent last summer in my office studying for the MCAT. One summer, no job, college student, no responsibilties other than school/MCAT. What she went through vs what I went through to complete the CFA exams is not even close. Is that how you would judge difficutlty? Maybe not, But I am still tired from the CFA curriculum. In addition, unlike the MCAT, the CFA exam is binary and only offered once a year. You are all in, which makes the pressure of each exam amplified.

That said, you can still be in field of finance without the CFA. If you don’t do well on the MCAT, med school ain’t happening.

One is so much more difficult than the other that format of the test, pass/fail vs Score doesn’t even matter.

I took MCAT once. I basically just danced a lot, enjoyed music more and stayed up all night. surprised to hear it’s so difficult.

Those three have nothing in common. Sometimes I really do wonder how you’re able to dress yourself in the morning.

How about pho?

Any STEM junior/senior level courses would give CFA level 1 a run for its money in terms of difficulty.

If the hardest course someone took in college was calc 1,intermediate accounting or something simillar then maybe CFA would be the “hardest” .

It is now.

yea i love pho. but its different. pho is like 7-10 bucks. vs hotpot’s same price at krn bbq at 25-35 bucks and its less meat and its a soup. real low value prop.

Tank much for ur input. May u also comment how best to clear Harvard MBA?

FTFY

Are you a Charterholder?

I don’t want to start an individual thread for this - but did you guys not get burnt out? I’m so fucking sick of CFA and cannot wait for this to be over.

Hang in there, nephew!!! The agony will be over in a few weeks!! :+1:

you have to keep burning my dude. for the night is dark and full of terrors

1000 for one exam or all three exams?