CFA...one of the most difficult exams in the world?

1000 hours for all 3 levels including one failed attempt on level 2

I don’t think comparing 1000 combined across 3 exams spaced over 1.5 years (4 if counting a failure) to 250 or 300 for one exam makes a compelling point.

Yea I shouldn’t have tried to compare the two exams. My second response is more my point

Yeah, I remember expecting to get to L3 and be fired up to finish it and when I got there I just couldn’t be bothered to care anymore, was like pulling teeth. Not sure what to tell you other than it is probably a lot worse if you have to retake it. I went through in a year and a half with no fails so I imagine it would be that much harder if you were retaking or opted for a longer schedule, although I finished a full time masters over that time and had my last finals exactly a month before L3 so I think that contributed to the burnout. That said, I studied four weeks and passed so suck it up. Someday you’ll look back and reminisce about your creepy Friday night natty light fueled library posts as the good ol’ days.

Studying has never sucked this bad. So close to be done.

I calculated that I have approx 3% of studying left (estimated hours that I’ll study until June 15th / the hours I have studied altogether for LVL1-LVL3)

When I felt sad. I just jerked it.

Whether you fail or succeed, it all comes down to self-discipline and motivation, not intelligence. The material is not rocket science when studied little by little over the course of several years. The difficulty is staying consistent.

It’s like people complaining that loosing weight is hard…it’s actually really easy if you have the discipline to eat healthy and work out regularly. But losing weight is challenging if you eat at McD’s and never go to the gym.

You do realize the utter stupidity of that statement, right?

“Losing weight is easy if you burn more calories than you take in. If you take in more than you burn, then losing weight is difficult.” That’s kinda like saying “winning the lottery is easy if you simply pick the right numbers. But if you don’t pick the right ones, then it becomes much more difficult.”

Tell me more, edupristine!!!

OOC - why is Edu pristine censored?

What he’s saying isn’t that far off. Weight loss is not that complicated, you either stick with the regimen and drop the weight or you don’t. We’re talking about controlling simple tasks like eating and moving around.

^He didn’t say it was uncomplicated. He said it was “easy”.

“Easy” is not the same as “simple”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xge3fzPKV6I

haha drop the fork guys

Those 2 things aren’t even vaguely analogous.

Having said that, losing weight and keeping it off isn’t easy due to the effects of hormones like insulin, leptin and cortisol which end up totally screwed when a person is overweight for any period of time. I piled on a bit of chunk when doing the CFA and losing those 25 pounds and keeping it off was harder than the CFA, hands down. The trick is, fast weight loss at the start to get momentum and then once you’re at your target keep dieting as strictly at your maintenance calories as you were during the weight loss phase. Your body takes months and sometimes years to recalibrate at your new weight. This is why you can probably name on 1 hand the amount of people who you’ve ever known who have lost a lot of weight and kept it off whereas we all probably know an army of people who are constantly on a diet.

What’s so hard about swallowing a live snake?

I feel like I’ve never met an overweight person who admits straight-up that he is fat because of stuffing his face with cake and not because of some random hormone balance bullshit.

^i bet greeny is overweight but not fat

Eh, I have. I used to work at a health club in Cherry Creek (the ‘hoighty-toighty’ bad & boujie suburb in Denver) and I was encouraged to meet and befriend all the members so that they would always feel welcomed in coming to workout. I did meet a lot of what you could approrpriately label “not-in-the-best-of-shapes” types and some of them actually did make a conscious effort to changing their life (which obviously required taking responsibility). Some of them made great strides in this too. I even started falling for this one gal who was trying to lose weight (she was really attractive in all honesty), but it just wasn’t going to work. I was 20, and she was 33.

So, these people who do take ownership do exist. I’ve always found that people who completely shift blame, are the people who are excessively-obese. On a second derivative basis I’ve found them to exhibit an overconfidence bias and even further complicate things with a “I can lose this weight anytime I want to” attitude.

God damn though, thinking back on it, that was the best job I’ve ever had in my whole life. I got paid to do yoga alongside some absurdly gorgeous women. I was literally paid to socialize with members in a club and just crack jokes (& I guess fold towels too). I miss it somedays.

You also forgot to blame aging and slowing metabolism.

I wonder how many people would suffer from these “hormonal issues” if they would be forced to workout regularly and eat healthy.

It’s astonishing how the BMIs of my coworkers tend to correlate strongly with the # of chocolate bars she eats before and after lunch.

Yeah, true, I’m no scientist. It might not be easy. Maybe I used a wrong word. Maybe I should have said “easier”.

However, I have never ever seen a fat person who eats healthy and works out regularly. I have seen a bunch of fat people who eat unhealthy and don’t workout.