CFA...one of the most difficult exams in the world?

Blaming metabolism got me like:

guys i know bulimia is bad. but what about chewing your food then spitting it out. why is this not a thing? kinda like wine tasting. ( i know im cultured as fuck)

LOL

That’s called cuckholding.

Ay mijo!!! :broken_heart: :-1:

Thanks for sharing your informed opinion mate.

Hormones do play a big part in why people can’t lose weight. Most fat people got into that position due to bad habits but once people are in that position it’s not easy to shift. Even being 10 pounds overweight reduces testosterone materially. Insulin and leptin resistance cause low energy and increased fat storage from fewer calories. Additionally insulin resistance causes cortisol to spike when you reduce carbs and increased cortisol is well known to increase fat storage around the midriff.

Basically, when you’re fat your whole system is totally f u cked and everything is stacked against you when you try to correct it. It’s a hugely complex issue that people try and simplify without being knowledgeable about or having personal experience of. It’s not the same as cutting fat from a healthy starting point or shifting 5-10 pounds that were temporarily gained at Christmas.

Anyway, most of you yanks commenting probably are fat based on standards from any other country in the world bar the pacific islands.

Still have a chip on your shoulder about the fall of the British Empire?

All I know is this: none of those who I know, who have lost weight and managed to keep it down, whine about hormones and how their bodies are working against weight loss. From the other side, almost all permanently fat people out there that I know personally, are crying that same whiny song about hormones as you are. Maybe the key to weight loss is taking responsibility of your own health instead of shifting blame? After all weight loss is not rocket science but pretty simple math. Eat less than you consume.

Quite an emotional response and not really addressing any of the points raised.

All I’m really doing is presenting an alternative view point to the standard trope rolled out by people with no personal experience or in-depth knowledge of the topic. Weight loss is not rocket science nor is it simple maths. Calories are a measure of density and a proxy for energy consumed. Basal Metabolic Rate is not an easy thing to measure and can change materially due to a number of different factors.

From my personal experience, I went from playing rugby at a reasonably high level to sitting at a desk all day then going home and sitting at a table studying all night. Through my own actions I got a bit fat by non-American standards but shifted it and kept it off. Taking responsibility is the essential first step but beyond that it’s not simple and I can see why more people fail than succeed.

People want to blame everyone but themselves for overeating unhealthy food. A lot of these people are the same people who can’t come up with $500 for an emergency expense and want to blame the 1% for it while they are spending money on stupid shit.

keto guido!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVXgZJtPFSU

I regularly cry myself to sleep about the fall of the British Empire.

You’ve got to admit that the US has a huge problem with obesity and swathes of the country have horrifically unhealthy diets, even a lot of people who aren’t fat have terrible diets. I won’t get started on how you all can’t seem to take polite criticism.

I friggin knew it!

I don’t disagree with your first point. As for your second, I would implore you not to judge a sample by the population. Some of us are more objective with reality and globally cosmopolitan.

Hold up - I’m pretty sure Britain surpassed America for number of overweight/obese people - in percentage terms

trying to find research now to support this. . .

edit: looks like I was wrong. Looks like the “rates” are rising faster than they are in America. Which means, we’ve stagnated, and y’all are Fat’nating!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/10/britain-sixth-fattest-nation-world-rising-faster-united-states/

Conditional Convergence of Obesity – like in all things, the USA has been the leader for the past century.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxpMk3pvz44

we the illest in here!!!

Ahem. . . And I quote:

“Came up made a millie - spent it on a rollie”

They seem nice… and ill.

I’m not necessarily agreeing nor disagreeing with anybody here. But I do have a legitimate question. Not trying to be antagonistic (although I know it will come across that way).

According to most (if not all) of you guys, alcoholism is a disease. It is a physical and mental illness. It is at least partially due to genetic factors. People who are alcohol addicts are people to be sympathized with and offered medical help.

Compulsive gambling is also a disease. It is an addiction similar to chemical addiction. It is both physical and mental. It has high comorbidity with other social disorders, such as substance abuse or anxiety. People who have a gambling problem need sympathy and medical help to overcome their addiction.

Transgenderism, however, is not a disease nor a mental illness. It is perfectly normal for a person to “identify” as a gender that is opposite from their sex. They will even go so far as to take hormone therapy, electrolysis, or “voice feminization” in order to change their appearance. Even though transgender people historically have much higher rates of suicide (as high as 400% higher) or other diagnosable mental illness, this is considered to be normal. And to discriminate or otherwise speak ill (even in a private setting) about transgender people is akin to committing a hate crime.

Fat people? F.ck 'em. It’s purely a matter of calories in and and calories out. They’re a bunch of undisciplined fata$$es who blame society and biology for what is essentially a matter of self control. They deserve to be made fun of and laughed at, because they can very easily do something about being fat. They neither need nor deserve any sympathy, because they’re disgusting pieces of sh!t.

Can anybody explain why sugar addiction or other food addiction is (or should be) different from the others?