CFA or Masters in Security Analysis AND Portfolio Management?

Is anyone familiar with the program at Creighton University? Is online just as good as in person?

What is the GMAT average?

CFA. nobody even know what a Creighton is though i don’t doubt the usefulness of the material taught.

flowbe209 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is anyone familiar with the program at Creighton > University? They have a new banner at CFA forum. Congrats Chad, things are looking up :slight_smile: I’m expecting a UOP MBA banner soon.

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > flowbe209 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Is anyone familiar with the program at > Creighton > > University? > > > They have a new banner at CFA forum. Congrats > Chad, things are looking up :slight_smile: I’m expecting a UOP > MBA banner soon. Ding ding ding we have a winner! I was disappointed when it turned out to be Creighton and not UOP.

Before making sloppy analysis, it actually does look like they were able to hire some 2nd tier faculty that probably didn’t get tenure and some recent Ph.D’s from very good univ’s that probably bombed on the market. Much better than UOP.

http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,1138830

Note the irony - the back office opens up, and new sponsors come rrrroooolllllliiiinnnn’ in.

See if they are accredited. I was looking into a Financial Analysis Investment Management program for 30k 1 year and the Admissions dean was hounding me for like a month after I talked to him because my GRE scores would have counted and I was basically a shoe in. They need the students for the money and hope that they can generate an alumni network. I wouldnt do a program that was new.

yea do the CFA this way you can STILL WORK…so instead of paying $30k and losing $50k in your job, you make money and get through 1 if not 2 levels in a 1 year time frame

“This unique degree has been specifically designed to provide graduates with CFA fundamentals and training.” Why pay money for the degree when you can just take the CFA program? Retarded

yea if you want a CFA prep course take stalla or schwesser for like a grand

It’s more common to get tuition reimbursement than ER money for CFA/prep courses. I’m completing my MS in finance and doing CFA - it is somewhat repetitive of the CFA work. In hindsight, I’d probably have done an MBA with a finance emphasis (still will likely do an eMBA at some point in the future). A couple of benefits: 1) You might not get the charter - you will almost certainly get your masters if you put in comparable effort. 2) It makes it easier to pass the exams (not necessarily any easier than other prep work)). 3) You get the opportunity to network quite a bit - not as good as an MBA in my opinion, but still some pretty good opportunities and connections I’ve made (although I think MS Finance programs are more geared to entry/mid-level finance individuals, where as MBA’s would get you more exposure to individuals making hiring decisions and therefore be more valuable - again my experience and opinion). Summarily, I think there’s value in a program like this - but just like anything - that value is different for different folks. My advice would be a solid MBA with a finance emphasis over this program (or the one that I’m in, which I believe to be similar), assuming the networking opportunities are substantially better in the MBA and you can pass the CFA exams without it.

Good points jcole21, I did a quick linkedin and the majority of graduates of this program are in the state. How is the alumni network? And is this graduate program a MBA or MSc or MA?