CFA or MBA

can anyone comment on which one is better?

lol, a good one

Like everything else in life, “it depends”. What do you want to do “when you grow up”? Knowing that would help us help you.

good stress reliever… well, MBA is so better if its from the top 2 schools, but if it school 3-6 then it is totally not worth it, I mean whats the point. CFA is better cuz MBA you just pay to network, where CFA you are so into the stuff and its cheaper. I think that sums up how this thread usually goes…

i’m doing my masters and the cfa. i’ll be finishing this fall after i write my thesis. but depends which way you want to go. also if you do have the chance do both as i do. did not find many opportunities in the US, invested in my education… if you do your masters in a finance area, then it completes each other. many of my profs are charterholders so i will not study much for the finals except for the soft skill material as cultural management, HR, etc…

did you just really post this while we all studying for Level 2, do a little search/research this has been discussed countless times on various forums articles etc. The short answer is it all depends. I’m getting CFA to help me to get into top MBA program. Crappy MBA would not be worth my time so CFA is way to go. Top MBA is better than CFA to me. Both are ideal but again depends what you want to do.

Hmm Depends, I am currently doing all three options. 1) Full time job. No overtime required though. 2) Professional MBA - 2 classes a semester for roughly 3 years(about a year left). 3) CFA My decision was difficult. My job pays pretty well, and also pays MOST of a fairly expensive MBA(45k). The MBA clearly does not have any of the glitz of a top MBA, but it offers a few VERY good finance electives. The truth is though outside of the electives the finance related classes are a joke and geared toward non-finance people. This will be the case at most non top MBA programs, but I will say some of the other courses require a ton of work. Top MBA programs tend to feed into investment banks which are likely a long shot for me, but my system should open up a very wide range of possibilities.

CFA=NOLIFE Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > did you just really post this while we all > studying for Level 2, do a little search/research > this has been discussed countless times on various > forums articles etc. > > The short answer is it all depends. I’m getting > CFA to help me to get into top MBA program. Crappy > MBA would not be worth my time so CFA is way to > go. Top MBA is better than CFA to me. Both are > ideal but again depends what you want to do. +1

he was joking. and i just farted

http://www.leveragedsellout.com/2008/07/chartered-financial-banalyst/ just make sure we don’t end up like this on sat night

braindead8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > http://www.leveragedsellout.com/2008/07/chartered- > financial-banalyst/ > > just make sure we don’t end up like this on sat > night good one, so true

That Facebook status made me laugh out loud…

if u have MBA, they complain …since u dont have a proff designation (CFA) …thats why blah blah…if u have CFA they say…since u dont have a MBA …thats y …blah blah…