CFA Results earlier?!?!

Couldn’t they offer Level 2 in December like they do for Level 1? For those who fail Level 2, they are gonna have 10 months to suck on that before geting another shot at it.

Ah man. On a Monday too… thats really gunna hurt for some people…

I think the motivation to publish results earlier may come from increased probability of getting the exam fees (for next level or re-reg for the same level whatever the case) earlier. That same motivation could one day lead to level 2 being held in dec as well (more money sooner than later) but the logistics can be a hiderance.

VR, agreed, L2 in dec will happen sooner or later. +1 on receiving the email. It’s on the candidate website.

Perfect10 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My co-worker said those that did not pass got the > email…because it means you get the results on > the 26th and then re-register on the 27th. :frowning: > > Any thoughts on that? utter non-sense…i seriously don’t believe that

If you haven’t gotten the email yet, it’s probably because they’re sending them out in batches- mine came at 11:15 So until you get yours, relax, results are out July 26th…and everyone will get the email sooner or later :stuck_out_tongue:

Perfect10 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My co-worker said those that did not pass got the > email…because it means you get the results on > the 26th and then re-register on the 27th. :frowning: > > Any thoughts on that? That’s just wrong. I knew it would be less than an hour before the conspiracies started popping up. I doubt the L2 exams have even been graded yet.

I got it today, this is great

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Perfect10 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > My co-worker said those that did not pass got > the > > email…because it means you get the results > on > > the 26th and then re-register on the 27th. :frowning: > > > > Any thoughts on that? > > That’s just wrong. I knew it would be less than > an hour before the conspiracies started popping > up. I doubt the L2 exams have even been graded > yet. AGREED

i got the email too! w00t july 26 instead of like aug 26 or something

I was sure the results were coming 18th Augus, so the new date seems to be soooo soon. It seems like the pass rate has gone substantially down in recent years and the amount of ppl willing to sit L2 has come significantly, so Dec L2 expansion real option got deeeep in the money. This is just all bout money. Good news anyways.

When you get this email has to do with how you did on the exam. Passing candidates get it on July 26th. All others have to wait until Aug 19th to compute Band rankings.

The later you get it the lower your band is.

PistolPt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > When you get this email has to do with how you did > on the exam. Passing candidates get it on July > 26th. All others have to wait until Aug 19th to > compute Band rankings. Exactly. Seriously though - anyone worrying or flipping out needs to just relax. The emails are batched not based on any sort of scoring. The only time you’ll find out if you passed is July 26th so everyone chill.

PistolPt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > When you get this email has to do with how you did > on the exam. Passing candidates get it on July > 26th. All others have to wait until Aug 19th to > compute Band rankings. +1. Thats what I heard.

Got it.

90% of the passing grades are half mental

Cfai should give a dec lvl 2 but just require a higher pass score. More revenue and not so much charter dillution. Would anyone take it if you had to get an 80%?

PistolPt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > PistolPt Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > When you get this email has to do with how you > did > > on the exam. Passing candidates get it on July > > 26th. All others have to wait until Aug 19th > to > > compute Band rankings. > > +1. Thats what I heard. Where are you getting this from/where did you hear it?

Anyone who thinks that receiving or not receiving this email has anything to do with whether they passed or not is being totally ridiculous. If you read CFAI discussion of the MPS, you’d know that it isn’t even set until nearly 6 or 7 weeks after the tests have been taken.