CFA results expire ??

Hi, Do the CFA results ever expire ? If I take a long break , say 3 - 4 years between LEvel 2 & 3 , would my Level 2 results be valid for ever ??

If you can take a break for 4 years and then go up and write Level 3 and pass, you’re really good. I don’t know the answer, but so few people would probably be able to pass Level III based on knowledge acquired from really old Level I and Level II exams that in all likelihood they can probably risk it.

I took a break last year, and was able to pick the level 3 studying up pretty easily. I don’t think the same could be said about a 3-4 year brake, however. Although you aren’t explicitly testing on the prior concepts, it is expected that you know them in the level three curriculum.

I think they used to say the program had to be completed within 7 years but I could be misremembering

no restrictions

I don’t think they ever expire… but I could be wrong?

sailor Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think they used to say the program had to be > completed within 7 years but I could be > misremembering They eliminated this several years ago. I don’t think there are any limitations now. I took 4 years off between L2 & L3 with no problems from CFAI.

right, no restrictions. I had a long gap (probably > 5 years) between L1 and L2.

no restrictions