CFA/Resume

I have a simple question in regards to placing CFA information on a resume. If you pass L1, do you put Level 1 Candidate or if you’re studying for Level 1 you put Level 1 Candidate? Thank you!

If you pass level 1, you place Level 2 Candidate. If you are studying for level 1, you place Level 1 Candidate.

I encourage you to search for one of the other threads on this subject. However, as I understand it, you would list “Level I Candidate” if you have signed up for, or are awaiting results for the Level I exam. You can only list “Level II Candidate” once you have both passed Level I AND signed-up for the Level II exam.

this was part of ethics, VII B) if I remember correctly…

KJH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you pass level 1, you place Level 2 Candidate. > If you are studying for level 1, you place Level 1 > Candidate. no. u cannot put level 2 candidate unless u PAID for level 2 exam and PASSED level 1.

bmwhype Wrote: > no. u cannot put level 2 candidate unless u PAID > for level 2 exam and PASSED level 1. Which, in reality, means you cannot call yourself a Level II candidate until you have paid for the Level II exam, unless you have found a way to pay for the Level II exam prior to getting an affimative result for Level I. However, as I recall, if you have passed Level I and intend to enroll for the next Level II exam, but Level II enrollment is not yet open, you can still call yourself a Level II candidate.

why can’t you just call yourself a Level III candidate after passing Level I if you intend to enroll for the Level III exam in the future then?

I’ve never seen it impossible to enroll by the time the results come out. Maybe if you have mailed your check, there is a time where you can call yourself a Level N+1 candidate even though, technically, the CFA has not received your money.

However, I am talking about Level I (I am enrolled and have already paid), so I can determine if “CFA Level I Candidate” is acceptable to put on my resume…

It’s acceptable, and marginally useful, especially once an interview has started, you can talk about how you find the curriculum.

soxboys21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > However, I am talking about Level I (I am enrolled > and have already paid), so I can determine if “CFA > Level I Candidate” is acceptable to put on my > resume… if you have room, just put it down. i figure that since you are asking, you must have room on your resume for it. honestly though, i don’t think most employers will really care.

peanalyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > why can’t you just call yourself a Level III > candidate after passing Level I if you intend to > enroll for the Level III exam in the future then? Because he hasn’t passed Level II yet? The only way he could claim that is if he already had a passing exam from Level II.