CFA Society Holiday Parties

Anyone else going to them? The NY one is $30 all you can drink this year. Went to their party 3 years ago and it really wasn’t all that. Most people were looking for jobs about 90% male. Probably worst this year…

Im going to the CFAI Atlanta presentation, its like 15 bucks and I am a member of the club it’s at so why not? The topic is about REIT’s and I think it should be pretty good.

I was thinking of going to the S.F. one until I read the 90% male figure. Plus this one is only 2 drinks.

haha I went to the NYSSA new member reception last year and they had some good food, drinks…and all the sausage you can ever ask for… I saw the $30 bux though might be a good stop on the way out to get all the drinks you can have

Free in my area! Plus, that is immediately after my last MBA Final (econ).

dieselbp67 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > haha I went to the NYSSA new member reception last > year and they had some good food, drinks…and all > the sausage you can ever ask for… > > > I saw the $30 bux though might be a good stop on > the way out to get all the drinks you can have so i take it u arent going this year to the NYSSA event? $30 all u can drink is decent but it’s probably cheap stuff. Can pay $20-30 at McFaddens/Calico Jacks and get all u can drink just the same. The difference would be you would embarass yourself in front of cute strangers vs your potential co-workers/interviewees (most people who go are jr people)

> > so i take it u arent going this year to the NYSSA > event? > > $30 all u can drink is decent but it’s probably > cheap stuff. Can pay $20-30 at McFaddens/Calico > Jacks and get all u can drink just the same. The > difference would be you would embarass yourself in > front of cute strangers vs your potential > co-workers/interviewees (most people who go are jr > people) you are exactly right…that’s probably why I will not be going. It’s tempting, because it’s the one NYSSA event I can actually afford!

dieselbp67 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > > > so i take it u arent going this year to the > NYSSA > > event? > > > > $30 all u can drink is decent but it’s probably > > cheap stuff. Can pay $20-30 at McFaddens/Calico > > Jacks and get all u can drink just the same. > The > > difference would be you would embarass yourself > in > > front of cute strangers vs your potential > > co-workers/interviewees (most people who go are > jr > > people) > > you are exactly right…that’s probably why I will > not be going. It’s tempting, because it’s the one > NYSSA event I can actually afford! There are plenty of free events (friday career chats, etc.). It is true that they used to have more $25 events, and I don’t see much at that price point anymore. I wanted to go to the Michael Mauboussin presentation on “Think Twice,” but as much as I like his stuff, I just didn’t think it was worth $75 for a 1 hour talk. I would have paid $25 for it (and grumbled a bit). They do have “The Myth of the Rational Market” going on tomorrow (free, I think), and I am planning to go to it.

what time is this tomorrow? I am going to a columbia/PRMIA event 5:30 - 7:30

What the hell were you guys expecting when some say it’s 90% guys … it’s a CFA event, not fashion. if you’re in the states, you’ll primarily be in the company of white males.