CFA Society to be formed in Ukraine

In early 2010, the Ukrainian investment community is expected to welcome a local CFA Society. The process of establishing a CFA Society in Ukraine has started with an effort of the initiative group and support of CFA Institute. The Society’s objectives would be promoting high ethical standards in the investment community, raising standards of investment management, promoting CFA® designation, and assisting CFA candidates in Ukraine. The Society will serve as a platform for communication among investment professionals, CFA Institute, academic institutions, and Ukrainian financial markets regulators. In the next several months, the initiative group is set out to complete mandatory steps for establishing the Society and plans to hold a conference on October 19th, 2009 in Kiev. All candidates interested in learning more about becoming members of the CFA Society to be established in Ukraine are welcome to express their interest by sending an email to the initiative group at cfa.ukraine@gmail.com. Thank you.

Can I join remotely?

The way I know CFAI works, if you are willing to pony up more USD or UAH, you would be most welcome to join.

I’m in the Russian society (chartholder), but participate in some projects in Ukraine, passed level 2 and 3 in Kiev and have plans to move to Kiev from Moscow some day. Would join the Ukrainian society with pleasure, if this is allowed to be in two societies.

Kostia, Yes, it is possible to be a member of more than one society. Looking forward to your email at cfa.ukraine@gmail.com.