CFA targets conducting 300,000 exams per year

See this job ad from CFAI website: Looks like CFAI is targeting conducting 300,000 exams per year - probably, one can expect a ‘light-weight’ version of the exam that gives some certification (associate charter holder ??), but not leading to the charter…? ------- Director, Logistics and Grading This position is responsible for the successful and secure implementation of all processes related to printing, packing, shipping, receiving, processing and grading the CFA examinations including the delivery of examination results. Job responsibilities include: Direct the Grading and Logistics team responsible for all processes related to printing, packing, shipping, receiving, processing, and scoring over 300,000 examinations annually

busy_people Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > probably, one can expect a > ‘light-weight’ version of the exam that gives some > certification (associate charter holder ??), but > not leading to the charter…? > What are you saying?

This designation has become such a racket in such a short period.

300,000 a year? Unless they do make the exam much harder, I assume that there will be an equal increase in the number of CFA charterholders. I guess it’s a tough one for the CFAI - by ramping up the numbers of people who they allow to write the exam, they can easily boost their income. Yet increasing the number of charterholders makes the charter less valuable (think scarcity power - Economics 101).

wow. and I was just frustrated looking over old Level III exam questions which I feel are dubious in educational content at best. Are we all shmucks?