CFA Tatoo

Would it be violation to get one? Would it be okay as long as you were an active member? What if you forgot to pay your dues or sign the annual certification? What if you got it in a place where only you and your spouse could see it so that you were not publically holding yourself out to be a charterholder? These are some tough questions. I have to think this is prime material for 2008 ethics. “I’ll take CFA Pop Culture for $400 Alex”.

LOL… CFA Tatoo that’s fresh : ) I remembered growing up on Hong Kong produced martial arts films and in many plots, there will be the martial art exponent (usually the hero) trying to ‘graduate’ from the kung fu school, invariably Shaolin. To prove that he is minimally qualified, he’ll have fight through the final stage, usually with exponents of the school and upon defeating all his opponents, he’ll emerged facing a burning cauldron. The final step is to tatoo his forearms against the cauldron handles with the skills logo and he’ll be marked and set apart as a Shaolin grad, and along with it, all the chivalry and ethics of required of one. Hope CFA grads don’t need to go through this : )

Just as long as it reads “, CFA”.

I’m going to get on on the top of my hand facing outward so that everyone who shakes my hand can clearly read it and bow down in awe.

Remember it cant be any larger or in different font than your other tatoos

I think you should get it on your face mike tyson style

On the same note, what is it an ethical violation to tattoo the Black-Scholes formula on my wrist?

>On the same note, what is it an ethical violation to tattoo the Black-Scholes formula on my wrist? Only if you’re still writing exams. If you haven’t finished the annual June torture sessions however and you absolutely *must* have the tattoo, you might get away with plastering it to your forehead where you can’t read it. Just don’t let other exam takers gaze upon your countenance.

You cannot have the CFA tattoo be larger than the tattoo of your girlfriend’s name. That would be inviolation. Plus, no bolding. It has to be the same font.

JWS Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Would it be > okay as long as you were an active member? Yes it would be okay as long as your active member. Cover the whole thing with it would be fine.

what is going on???

Dontoluchy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what is going on??? I am getting “inked” on television with CFA. I haven’t even passed L3 yet though. It’s a motivational move for me. Plus, I get to be on television. Now I just have to determine whether I want tribal CFA, dragon CFA, Japanese CFA… There are so many ways to go. I think for symmetry, I will get CFP too next year.

was watching last comic standing yesternight and i think this forum will be a fertile ground to audition. the joey d’vive, JWS etc

I think the Punisher vs Predator logo would be good.

Questioning your sanity is fun.