CFA vs. Series 7?

Hi Guys, I am sure that an organization needs to sponsor a person to sit for the S7… But do you guys know a way to get around it to sit for the S7. I am a grad student and interested it getting licences and credentials by the time the economy recovers… But I am not sure if any organisation can sponsor when i am not working for them. Does anyone have any idea about the S7 question mentioned about? VT

I would suggest get an internship. Where I work they sponsor interns to sit for it.

Where do you work as an intern? Do you have any idea by chance of any firms like this in and around San Francisco Bay Area?

Any big brokerage firm. smith barney, merrill, morgan. You could even try discount brokerage as well

Great… Thanks for your inputs :slight_smile:

vthomas Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi Guys, > > I am sure that an organization needs to sponsor a > person to sit for the S7… But do you guys know a > way to get around it to sit for the S7. I am a > grad student and interested it getting licences > and credentials by the time the economy > recovers… But I am not sure if any organisation > can sponsor when i am not working for them. > > Does anyone have any idea about the S7 question > mentioned about? > > VT You can always organize your own company and sponsor yourself. It requires a little work and considerable expense, but if you had tons of money and wanted to get a Series 7 that would be the easy way.

The Series 7 is for DB’s (Crap, I have it too).

I have my Series 7 license and that exam is nothing compared to the CFA. Its also not a moving target, you need to get a 70% no curve, its very very basic investment stuff, yes you need to study because the option stuff and some of the bond information needs a refresher, but its not even in the same league as the CFA. I got a 87% on the Series 7 and passed on my first try, the CFA, I am on my second crack at Level 1 and I spent 4 months studying for it. Its just not even comparable.

The Series 7 is extremely difficult and prestigious. I have it on my business card: Douche Bag, S7 Now I can take phone calls in the service center at Fidelity!

T2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The Series 7 is extremely difficult and > prestigious. I have it on my business card: > > Douche Bag, S7 > > Now I can take phone calls in the service center > at Fidelity! ^+1 lol

u’re kidding about studying for a week right? CFA vs S7 is like comparing a brabus-tuned maybach to a fiat uno…i mean c’mon now.

T2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The Series 7 is extremely difficult and > prestigious. I have it on my business card: > > Douche Bag, S7 > > Now I can take phone calls in the service center > at Fidelity! No no no, you got it all wrong You have to put the “, S7*” part in font that’s bold and 1 size larger then your name, and put a footnote saying * Certification guarantees no trading losses, ever