CFA+work+weight loss

I wish to stay energetic enough to tackle CFA+work as well as lose 6kgs in 2 months. (Have my graduation ceremony coming up, wish to look good). Exercising tires me out, I can’t study after that. So I plan to exercise once or twice a week max. (I know it sounds very low) Any recommended diet food and other advices?

sumz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Any recommended diet food and other advices? Drink water and ban all soft drinks and cut down on all food that contain any sugar. Oatmeal porridge for breakfast, fruit or bread at 9, lunch at noon (home made where you choose recipe from the Weightwatchers or similar, surf the web to find some useful site), another fruit at 3 pm, dinner (Weightwathchers’ recipe) at 6 pm, fruit at 9 pm. Take an hour walk every day while you listen to your mp3 version of the Schweser notes. Good luck!

6kgs in 2 months is a pretty aggressive target and will come only with lot of gym time and a disciplined diet. I workout after office from 5 to 7 PM, off which 45mins is treadmill run of approx 5 miles (burning 550 cals) and remainder time is abs/crunches/spin/free weights. Believe me - after an intensive workout and running 5 miles, when you have already gone through hell from 9AM to 5PM at work, it’s pain initially. But once taken the hot bath, all the freshness comes back and It feel like a fresh-new day. I could easily go back and put in 5 hrs of study to L2, but I don’t do it so aggresively as it’s only March and we have 3 more months to go. I just do 2 hrs tops of quality reading with Schweser and watch some TV, then off to bed. Note - I don’t know how much weight I have lost in all this. I am doing it basically to improve on my stamina and enduance so that I could run a mini marathon this summer.

sumz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wish to stay energetic enough to tackle CFA+work > as well as lose 6kgs in 2 months. (Have my > graduation ceremony coming up, wish to look good). > Exercising tires me out, I can’t study after that. > So I plan to exercise once or twice a week max. (I > know it sounds very low) > > Any recommended diet food and other advices? I hear muscle milk is some good stuff :wink:

Muscle Milk is fantastic as in between meals, dependind on your caloric intake even as a meal replacement, and before going to bed, but not so much post work out. Try to avoid sugars and simple carbs in your diet, up your protein, and don’t make the mistake of caring too much about fats, you need good fat in your diet such as olive oil, peanut butter and omega 3. Don’t stay too long without eating and focus on your aerobic training

brazilatz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Muscle Milk is fantastic as in between meals, > dependind on your caloric intake even as a meal > replacement, and before going to bed, but not so > much post work out. Try to avoid sugars and simple > carbs in your diet, up your protein, and don’t > make the mistake of caring too much about fats, > you need good fat in your diet such as olive oil, > peanut butter and omega 3. > Don’t stay too long without eating and focus on > your aerobic training Get the good peanut butter. Look for the ‘natural’ kind. They don’t have partially hydrogenated oils in them.

Anyone in hear training for a marathon and studying for the CFA? I’m currently studying for CFA-L1 and training for the NYC Marathon…keeps me busy busy busy.

In NYC, Working fulltime, daily gym, studying for L2 … Please let me know the details of trainings you do for marathon? Have you joined some classes for that, I am interested too. If you dn’t mind mailing me at swaptiongamma @ gmail I want to improve stamina/endurance. Right now can run 5 to 6 miles on treadmill, but doing a mini (12.1 miles) is what the target is.

the NYC marathon is in November, why the heck are you training for that now???

@ swaptiongamma I do three weekly 5 mile cardio exercises and two weekly 8 mile cardio sessions. I also focus on lean muscle mass to increase oxygen reserves. I’m just catching up on a few things, but i’ll send you some great stuff I found when I get a little more time mid-week. Just a heads up, I found that interval training at least 2 times a week really helps with stamina. Also make sure to very your routine, your body can adjust to certain levels of exercise if they are repetitive. @tvPM I hope your joking.

cfacotown - thanks for the info, will await your email! Presently I do - 5 miles run, 5 days a week, of-which 1 day is interval-training where I modulate the speeds in the range from 5 mph to 10 mph.