CFAI 2: 73%

Seemed a little easy and I made some dumb mistakes. Should I be concerned? Confident? How is everyone else doing on these things?

ive done 4 and got between 70-76…if you score 73 on the actual day you will be in good shape…I know how you feel though, i’d be alot more confident right now if I was pulling 90s on these things

i am planning to take only 1 cfai test apart from schweser bk 6. which one of the 5 cfai would be the toughest one?.i know this has been discussed before,but if anyone could quickly remind me…? thanks

3 and 5

reading the posts, i get the sense that the CFAI tests are good to take since they mirror the real thing on exam day. in terms of good preparation for the real exam, my take is that 1) the schweser book six tests are a good exercise since they push you a bit more, people don’t score as high as easily but 2) should take at least one or two CFAI tests just to get a sense for how they ask questions. i’m not sure if this means anything, but in the back of the schweser secret sauce book, it says, “Please note that the CFA Institute Sample Exam is not a good proxy for the real thing. The questions are generally consistent with the style of real questions, but the questions on the real exam will be more more difficult. Candidates for the past several years have universally commented to us that the CFA Institute Sample Exam is way too easy. So, we urge you to use some of the Schweser Practice Exams for a more realistic gauge of your comprehension” (Schweser Secret Sauce 2007, pg. 194). and nope, i don’t work for schweser. good luck all.

^ then do you have a collusive contract with Schweser? Even then you should be cheating them to reap the max benefits :slight_smile:

According to the CFAI, difficulty level is realistic. Sample Exams The latest version of online CFA Sample Exams is a responsive tool to help you assess your exam preparation. With questions that reflect the current CFA Program curriculum and the structure and format of CFA exam questions, these fee-based exams are a fantastic tool for candidates. Benefits: Reliable — Designed by the source of the CFA exam, CFA Institute Realistic — Reflect actual CFA exam question formats, topics, and level of difficulty (some questions have appeared on past exams) Real-time — Immediate feedback after each question Results — Overall performance results show strengths and weaknesses with references for further study Affordable — Minimal cost to measure your preparation for the upcoming exam These sample exams cover the current CFA curriculum content and are consistent with the formatting conventions used on the actual CFA exams. A significant portion of the sample exam content comes directly from past exams that were not previously released. The sample exams offer a timed environment, to mimic the actual testing experience, and provide immediate feedback after each question. You should only take the exams after reading the complete assigned curriculum. Treat the sample exams as a measure of your current performance potential. Use the feedback to maximize your final preparation by targeting areas of weakness.

cfai 2 gave me a lot of trouble. i scored 85 on cfai exam 1 and 66 on cfai exam 2. anyone else think the level of difficulty increased substantially?

TheDubs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ive done 4 and got between 70-76…if you score > 73 on the actual day you will be in good > shape…I know how you feel though, i’d be alot > more confident right now if I was pulling 90s on > these things I think you should be pretty confident of a pass. Keep studying, but it’s going well.

Is sample 3 the most difficult one? I skipped sample 1 and 2 and just got 50%. What a day :frowning:

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > I think you should be pretty confident of a pass. > Keep studying, but it’s going well. thanks for the confidence boost…I hope I’ll be alright, I have the next week off so I will be keeping my nose to the grindstone until D day!

I got the following – --CFAI exam 1 - 73% – CFAI exam 3 - 73% Schweser Sample Book 6 Exam 2 - AM session - 81% Schweser Sample Book 6 Exam 2 - PM session - 74% In all of the above four, FSA seemed easier than expected but I keep missing question on Equity.

“cfai 2 gave me a lot of trouble. i scored 85 on cfai exam 1 and 66 on cfai exam 2. anyone else think the level of difficulty increased substantially?” sorry that reference above to cfai test 2 should have been test 3

I read on the forum CFAI-2 test has substantially higher difficult level.

If you are done with Schweser tests, you can give BSAS tests a try. They are just as math oriented as Schweser. :slight_smile: