CFAI 2002 Endowmen question

Willingness trumps ability? WTF :(, regardless i will still stick to ability ALWAYS trumps wilingness

CSK so even though schweser has consistently said go with the lesser of the two you are going with ability always trumps willingness? From the past CFAI exam it seems there are no rule it’s just depends on the case as a whole. It’s subjective and stupid as I think there should be counseling done and then decide ability/willingness/overall, seems like that would be more realistic. It is very frustrating…

s23dino Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CSK so even though schweser has consistently said > go with the lesser of the two you are going with > ability always trumps willingness? From the past > CFAI exam it seems there are no rule it’s just > depends on the case as a whole. It’s subjective > and stupid as I think there should be counseling > done and then decide ability/willingness/overall, > seems like that would be more realistic. It is > very frustrating… errr, i ment LOWER of the two :slight_smile: sorry, mistyped. I have a feeling CFAI changed their mind after they became CFAI (in 2005). I will go with lower of the two

Also s23, what about willingness? I am NOT going to list willingness for Institutional investors

That is a tough one and going into the exam I imagine I still won’t know what the hell to do but it does seem cfai does not mention it much but it did a couple times. Anyhow I may write something if it specfically talks about it in the case, i.e. they always say you should address everything in the case and may not be wise to ignore a specifc statement about willingness.