CFAI 2013 Mock Exam Survey (SurveyMonkey)

Pm crushed me…fml

at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, I initially tried to imput my scores as percentages (i.e. 62 and 66). I encountered an error doing this and only then realized it was out of 60 points , not percentage (which is what I’m used to thinking of scores). I must have been really tired.

So hopefully, there have been a heap of morons like me who can’t understand a simple question and put their scores in in percentages and those scores happened to be less than 60% so did not encounter an error.

I think you should calculate the cut off for 40 percentile score (i.e the score of a person who ranked 40th in sample of 100) and not average as its skewed upwards by score of the toppers of test rather then

The Top 40% scored an average of 75.27%.

results are in:

43 am, 43 pm - timed environment, but did them on two separate days.

UPDATE: 98 Respondents

NOTE: The average combined score is ~67-68%. The 40th percentile scored ~69.2%. Given that the averages are not moving much over updates, I might just do one more update later tonight or tomorrow. I need to hit the books myself! I hope you guys found this useful… GOOD LUCK, everyone!!!

AM Session:

41.0 / 60 Avg; 41.0 / 60 Median

20 Min; 54 Max

PM Session:

39.2 / 60 Avg; 40.0 / 60 Median

28 Min; 51 Max

Combined:

80.1 / 120 Avg; 80.5 / 120 Median (66.8% Avg; 67.1% Median)

50 Min (41.67%); 103 Max (85.83%)

The 40th percentile scored ~69.2%.

appreciate your work 6 day before the exam. Thanks

Great initiative dude. Very informative. Puts things into perspective. Thanks again.

great initiative, for others to emulate the same in future.Appreciate ur efforts.

thanks for doing this it was helpful to me…

For those of you getting high scores…and by high i mean above 65 pct correct after both sessions…what has your routine been like? I work a full time job with insane hours and i’m getting 60 or 61 pct consistently…but i just cant seem to squeeze more out of myself…im just tired…you guys with really high scores work full time jobs as well? Kudos to you

i know what you mean, started as early as possible (right after knowing the results of cfa level 1 in january) and finished the Schwesser books mid-April, was totally exhausted at that point. just so tiring to go home after work, just to open a textbook.

slowed down my pace for the last weeks of april and got my motivation back up and now its just memorizing formulas, figuring out strategies to approach a problem, doing practice problems. Also helps that I’m taking a week off just to focus and prepare.

Good luck.

I work full time, been studying since December. Last 2 months or so I have been arriving at work couple of hours early to study, study for an hour at lunch. Trying to get another hour or so in at night, but that’s a 50/50. Aim for around 6 hours on the weekend. Obviously that has ramped up over the past week or so.

I got 75% in 2013 mock, averaging just over 70% for the three official ones before that.

Still dont feel confident at all - there have been a lot of lucky guesses.

While there is the whole line about needing 70 to guarantee a pass, realistically the line is going to be more like 65. I’m basing that that on the results here and what a former grader told me. So don’t worry too much.

I was able to hit 75% on CFA mock. My case is a little different b/c I was a grad student this past semester. So I was able to study 15 hours/week pretty easily from january on. Then I got out of school on may 10th and I’m not working yet, so I’ve just been logging 6-8 hours per day of CFA. Overall, I’m about at 330 hours of studying.

AM: 42/60 70%

PM: 42/60 70%

Overall: 84/120 70%

Ethics KILLED me, AGAIN!!! (4/12). Would be fine with my scores overall, but Ethics worrying me. Think tomorrow I won’t even review mock, just all day ethics problems.

@Jamie - Can we have 1 last update of this survey … if its not too much of a trouble for u smiley

Unfortunately not because I would need to pay for a professional SurveyMonkey account to analyze over 100 results. I doubt, though, that the results have changed much. AnalystForum candidates were scoring in the high 60s on average. Good luck!

Some levity: http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-ii-forum/91322364

Ohh ok … No issues … It was a great initiative on your part … Thanks for the idea & the effort

i am sure about 1 thing. Botoom 20% candidates cant finish syllabus even and dont try the mocks

AM: 48/60 80%

PM: 45/60 75%

Overall: 94/120 77%

Finished both sessions just in time, with no spare time to check, fill out answer sheets or whatever. Really tough, especially Ethics (totally don’t know who is violating what) and Derivatives in PM session. I’m mentally, physically, and spiritually exhausted…