CFAI 2015 11A vs 2017 5C - Regret aversion bias (contradictory arguments in solution by CFAI)

TBH i would expect client one 1 buy more. and not miss out on price action (AKS FOMO)

What do you think?

You would think so but that’s assuming regret aversion is what we all think it means lol… I just remember it as client always will do nothing. Scared if they buy it will go down, scared if they sell it will go up therefore never do anything.

vs loss aversion, sell too quickly when it goes up, hold too long when it goes down… throw logic out the door. Embrace CFAI BF, it’s like ethics 2.0

Burn it in the brain and move on… I’ve made some pretty funny anecdotes to remember… but probably not appropriate for this forum… I’m sure you can get creative and come up with your own

It’s almost as good as the way I remember all the emotional biases because I have one terrible coworker who embodies all of them and just think about their face when the question comes up such a (LOSERS)

Gotta make studying fun somehow!

ahaha nice man! DM the inappropriate anecdotes pls :smiley:

looking now at 2017 5C. looks like they have changed their mind and the investor will buy…

Regret Averse - makes decisions based on avoiding regret. Will be indecisive because of the fear of something happening and missing out
Loss Averse - sell winners too early, and holds onto losers to long hoping for things to turn around. Disposition effect.