CFAI curriculum

Hi all some questions i have from using this, used to Schweser Does anyone know where is the LOS in CFAI, i flip thro the books but can’t seem to find them anywhere anyone knows where to find the sample exams, understand there shld be one, however, i can’t seem to find it amongst the 6 books The CFAI books seems quite thick, 6 full books of materials compared to schweser where its 5 books plus a sample exam book… .faints…

The beginning of each study session lists the LOS for that study session. For example, if you are looking for the SS4 (Economics) study sessions, go to book 1, page 422-424. Also, the readings each have their own LOS listed on the front page of the reading. In other words, if you are looking for LOS 4.18.d, you can find it listed on the first page of SS4, Reading 18 (book 1, p. 523), Learning Outcome d. They do not reference the LOS within the reading itself when the topic is addressed. This is for you to determine.

i see… thanks for the clarification gangrel… no wonder can’t find it… by the way, do you know if there are sample exams included in this stack of books??

space Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i see… thanks for the clarification gangrel… > no wonder can’t find it… > > by the way, do you know if there are sample exams > included in this stack of books?? not in the books although there are end of chapter questions from the 2006 exam…you get a single online exam included with your registration…that way you only have to fork out another $200 for the remaining 4

i see… thanks for your help maile… by the way, are u using the cfai as well? do u know how can i access the free online exam?

I think everyone is now forced to buy CFAI books, right?

Everyone is now “forced” to purchase the CFAI texts when they register (maybe better to view them as “free with purchase?” ) I’m using Stalla and supplementing with CFAI texts, especially for sections that I didn’t get b4 and/or are new, and I have Q bank as well (I can still recall most of the stalla q’s from last time)

Maile, is the q-bank Schweser?

Do we get an email when they put the online practice exam in place or we have to keep checking the website? Any idea?

anish- they’ll advertise it in their newsletter probably. just read that.

Historically, they post them in April.