CFAI end of chapter questions without multiple choice??

Are you guys also doing the CFAI end of chapter questions where they don’t have multiple choice answers. Most of their questions are descriptive (No multiple choice)?

I did most the them. I think some of them are helpful.

i didnt. did most Multiple Choice questions, spending rest of time doing problems in qbank as I can cruise thru them faster, and samples/practice/mock

$tarving_Banker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I did most the them. I think some of them are > helpful. hey, did you notice anything significant that is not covered in the Scheweser Q-Bank? I just want to make sure I am not missing anything.

I think they give you those so you have to work through the problems to get a deeper understanding of the material as you complete them.

The good thing about them is it gives us more direction on what they are trying to emphasize. Bad thing is they take a while.

I use Stalla. Those questoions can give you a deeper understanding of the materials. No they doesn’t give you anything new. I did them simply because I had the time.

trek7000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think they give you those so you have to work > through the problems to get a deeper understanding > of the material as you complete them. Absolutely, no questions about it. But can I do without those time consuming questions?

I did ALL of them, not sure if that will help me PASS this exam - as it was not ‘efficient’ use of time when you are preparing for a MCQ pattern exam, but yea - as an interviewee, I sure will turn the table around in my favor. PASS/FAIL depends on your brain patters in those 6 hrs of show time.

I did almost all of them (except two questions which are ridiculously long) and they helped. They also mimic the conceptual questions on the exam pretty well (except the real questions are in MC form). Occasionally they did ask questions that don’t cover materials in Schweser notes. e.g. how market capitalization adjustment works (in Equity), how ECN crosses transaction under all-or-nothing policy (in Equity). I would say there is a roughly 80% convergence of the CFAI question coverage and the coverage by SchweserNotes.

I did some parts with where I am having problems. It is very intense and it did take a lot of times, but i guess by practicing, it helps me remember the concept.