CFAI EOC - Revelant ??

I am doing EOC problems for CFAI reading SS10 Reading 36 Equity Markets and Instruments and most of the questions I did, I did wrong. But one thing I noticed that EOC’s for the chapter don’t really go in line with the stated LOS’s and command words… I doubt if this type of questions will be tested on the exam day… TIA

if you do not understand the EOC questions from the CFAI texts you will fail the exam. read past posts in this forum and those who passed all say that CFAI EOC questions are vital. do not rely on third party materials for level 2 or you will be doomed. i failed level 2 and revamped my studies to only CFAI texts and EOC and I passed above 70% in all topics. good luck.

I would agree with mcap11. CFAI Curriculum EOC give you a fair idea of the difficulty level of questions you are likely to encounter on your final exam. Try to practice all EOC from CFAI Curriculum together with examples. Do not rely on QBank for practice in Level-II as it does not offer full coverage of CFAI Curriculum. Also, Schweser Notes are good for few areas like Derivatives, Quants, Economics, Corporate Finance and Alternative Investments but you’ll need to consult CFAI text in FSA, Portolio Management, Equity and Fixed Income for better understanding and coverage of all concepts. Schweser has been unable to cover many vital concepts in these areas.

Typo in the subject actually I wanted to ask if EOC’s were RELEVANT*. But thanks for input guys I went to the readings and tried to read the concepts again and again which I didnt understand. However, I am concerned about the readings which doesn’t have any EOC problems how did you guys manage those ? -I am planning to watch Schweser Videos and do CFAI texts and for practice I will use only CFA in chapter examples and EOC’s. In addition I want atleast 2 months left for practice exams and revision. Do you (Those who passed level 2) think it’s a good strategy ? TIA

Didn’t you learn anything from Level I?

some of the L2 questions were verbatim from the material last year. they most certainly are relevant

supersunny138 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Typo in the subject actually I wanted to ask if > EOC’s were RELEVANT*. > > But thanks for input guys I went to the readings > and tried to read the concepts again and again > which I didnt understand. However, I am concerned > about the readings which doesn’t have any EOC > problems how did you guys manage those ? > > -I am planning to watch Schweser Videos and do > CFAI texts and for practice I will use only CFA in > chapter examples and EOC’s. In addition I want > atleast 2 months left for practice exams and > revision. Do you (Those who passed level 2) think > it’s a good strategy ? > > TIA Your strategy is similar to what I did to get through L2, work every “high level” question you can find and master it, CFAI, sample, EOC, mock or Schweser moc. There is only so many ways the writer can ask their questions, the best thing I did was pound the EOC’s from Equity and FRA for the 3rd time the week before the exam. Many questions on the exam are similar to the EOC’s don’t punt on a possible free shot on goal.