CFAI Exam #4

Just finished my last CFAI exam, got a 76%. Not low enough to make me weep, not high enough to make me feel comfortable at all. The thing that worries me is that I didn’t make any dumb mistakes. The questions I got wrong were questions I really DIDN’T KNOW. How did others find this exam? I thought the beginning was easy, and the end was brutal.

I got the exact same score yest on this exam. same feelings like you. Most of these questions were so theoretical nothing like schweser which required us to solve the questions.

guys, i took sample 3 and 2 this week and scored in the high 50s, made dumb mistakes on the whole. is it worth taking sample 4 sometime tonight or have i learned as much as i could have?

I would say it is worth taking since it is more conceptual compared to the other tests I have taken so far.

You bums have made me have to spend another 50 yankee pesos… everyone previously was saying 3&5 were hardest - now I’m going to have to take 4…

chrismaths Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You bums have made me have to spend another 50 > yankee pesos… everyone previously was saying 3&5 > were hardest - now I’m going to have to take 4… I havent taken 5 as of yt. Planning to so cant compare it to 5.

So is #4 that much harder than #5 and #3? I did much better in #5 than #3, but i did hit the books hard after the way i did in #3. Also think it is probably better to feel uncomfortable - incentine to push these last two days.

>You bums have made me have to spend another 50 yankee pesos… Well, at least the dollar is pretty cheap right now.

I thought 3 was pretty tough (tougher than any schweser or BSAS test I have taken), 2 & 5 were easy. 1 was ok. I hope I don’t see ver 3 level ethics on saturday. Taking 4 today.

delhirocks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I thought 3 was pretty tough (tougher than any > schweser or BSAS test I have taken), 2 & 5 were > easy. 1 was ok. I hope I don’t see ver 3 level > ethics on saturday. Taking 4 today. I agree with you that 5 seemed easier than #3. #3 was demoralizing. i might just take #4 too, but please keep us posted on what you think of #4.

I got a 68% on exam 3, but I was have a Horrible day at work and took it when I was very upset and thinking of other things. I actually found 4 more difficult than 3, despite my score.

Thanks Smarshy. i guess i will just fork out another 50$s to CFAI@#!$$$

thanks for the post smeet. i’m thinking about not taking any more lest it shoots my confidence even more

Just finished test #4 and thought it was pretty challenging. If I had to rank them (most difficult to least difficult…none are “easy”) I would say: 1. Test #3 2. Test #4 3. Test #5 4. Test #1/Test #2 (tied) Yes, I’ve shelled out the $300 and taken all 5 sample exams. If I don’t pass on Saturday I’ll be pretty upset!!

Just finished exam 4. I did think some of the equity and alternative investment questions were tricky. I didn’t think that it was more challenging than 5. I got 86% so I guess it was a good one to end on.

Just got a 71%…bombed equity. Am I screwed?

Honestly, I think the people getting <60% run a good chance of being screwed…north of that, I think it’s all a crapshoot but you might be OK. I’ve read in this forum that some people passed in June who never got about 70 on a practice exam. Could be BS, who knows.

yeh did 4 yesterday and only got 73%, but i made quite a few really dumb mistakes… like the NPV question, i got the axis mixed up… plus, i got the very first question wrong, which threw me for the whole exam… but yeh, im not too fussed… i took notes during the exam and am now going though all my proper mistakes… actually did alot better in exam 3, with an 80%… gonna do exam 5 soon… hopefully i can get above 80, and i’ll be happy

I’m really worried and not sure the best use of my remaining time. I’ve taken three CFAI exams so far: 1: 66% 2: 70% 5: 68% I have scored 89% on two of the ethics sections, and 67% on the other. If these tests have identified areas that I am weak in, is it wiser at this point to study those sections, or to take another practice exam?

ok just finished exam 5…73%… failed quant/eco/derivatives… im not too bummed cos i made HEAPS of silly mistakes… i just get a bit click-happy sometimes… time to review my mistakes…