CFAI exam survey

THis is just Cr*p, when ppl say that. I pay for an exam, I can say what question was dificault for me and ask other how the answer them. Is CFAI is sort of CIA or FBI. It is a certification that I pay and study for. I can discuss anything that I feel after the exam. This is not a secret society.

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Man, did I speak my mind in that survey. > Hopefully, they won’t hold it against me. ditto, i let them know exactly how i feel about the exam. i think there were only 2-3 positive comments on the entire survey… “ouch”

I got it as well and was honest. I just told them I didn’t think a question that tested something that got a whole paragraph of coverage in the curriculum, while skipping things that got several tens of pages (if not hundreds) altogether was a good representation of what we spent 6 months studying.

“I didn’t think a question that tested something that got a whole paragraph of coverage in the curriculum, while skipping things that got several tens of pages (if not hundreds) altogether was a good representation of what we spent 6 months studying.” So your response is that you feel it should be much more predictable which parts of the curriculum would be tested, so that one could feel free to skip anything that was covered in a small number of pages? Gotcha.

The main emphasis of my complaints was on the lack of clarity in the language used in a lot of the questions and answers. There was just way too much confusion caused by poor wording, leading to an element of challenge (or chance?) that was irrespective of knowledge or understanding of the curriculum.

One of the questions was whether the curriculum did a good job of preparing you for the exam. I remember answering for the most part yes, but the curriculum does a poor job preparing you to calculate the required return. There is no consistency in the way to answer that question from year to year.

I specifically said to them, that the CFAI text book was not reflected in the exam. Nor sample online exams. The questions in CFA text book were good and so were the questions in sample exams. But not much is reflected. I really thought it better to use Schweser than reading CFAI text book. CFA text book was interesting to read, but not all of them. It was full of words and by the time you finish reading, not much is sticking in your head. ( at least I had difficulty tring to grasp what it was saying. ) Schweser text book is concentrated and shorter. I could have spent my time reading Schweser 3times while at the same time reading CFA text once. Schereser did not cover much of Dfd Trust, Charity Lead trust, Charity Trust and others while CFA book spent so much amount of pages for it. Schwerser did not cover much of pension WACC (new topic ) while CFA used so many pages for this topic. Very disappointing and felt betrayed.

I got the survey and said that the exam did not reflect the material that was assigned. Also said that the notes they provided where too long winded and were not very usefull. When you are studying 2000 pages of dense material there is no way to keep a handle on all of it. That is why I focused on the material from schweser. The curriculum is a great set of reference materials.

Did anyone get the survery last year while doing L2?

Yes I did! But this they send me two. one before the exam and one after the exam.

I assumed that you have passed

I got the survey and filled it out, but didn’t take the time to go into detail about all my gripes…maybe I should have.

Does anyone know what the passing score will be for the survey?? Can you use the 40/60/80 rule? Jeeze, I hope I passed the survey at least. I couldn’t face anothet year of it? I said Q4 was a violation, because they started the exam 10 minutes late in London?

Just wondering if our survey answers will change after the results come out…is anyone over-analysing like me (using our behaviorial finance knowledge) and thinking that people might give a different answer after the results if they know they have passed :slight_smile:

2010_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just wondering if our survey answers will change > after the results come out…is anyone > over-analysing like me (using our behaviorial > finance knowledge) and thinking that people might > give a different answer after the results if they > know they have passed :slight_smile: … That’s a good point. i responded with the assumption that I failed. If I passed and get another survey, i admit, I will not be as rough with them.