CFAI exam timewise

I used almost every minutes, I mean good 1.5 hours for each test, tests 1 and 2 I scored 63% and 88% respectively in 1 and 2. What the hell the dispersion I have. How were you doing in terms time used? has anyone scored like 63% in test 1 and did better later on?

I jsut took the CFAI-Exam-V1 and just managed to pass with 73% and 1 minute to spare. It’s took me 119 minutes for 60 questions …damm, I need to imprve on speed!!

did you take screenshots? maybe that’s why you slowed yourself down?

Yea me too. I scored 66% in exam 1 and 80% in exam 3. It took me a good 110 mins to complete them.

exam #2 70% 65 minutes made a few stupid mistakes, and ethics sucked.

liaaba Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > did you take screenshots? maybe that’s why you > slowed yourself down? that is one reason that slowed me down, other being, a direct-flash of answer on the screen after every question. I got 3 consecutive questions in equity wrong and the pressure was so high then on, that I ended up with 33.33% in Equities

My split-up of exam-1 Portfolio = 100% Ethics = 89% Fixed Income = 83% Econ = 83% FSA = 75% Quant = 57% Corp Finance = 75% Equity = 33% Derivatives = 66% AI = 66% Derivatives and AI - did not had a chance to review them, will do so, NOW Equity - my silly mistakes due to pressure. Quant - was not able to remember the formulas

I tried not to read the answers after each question, just took the screenshot and moved onto the next question but I’m still a little worried about these online exams cos they didn’t seem as hard as I was expecting, it’s getting me to do a little conspiracy theory in that CFAI is trying to get ppl to feel confident and complacent so they can shock us on the actual exam and achieve the results they want, that or I’m just thinking too much and overanalyzing the whole situation.

liaaba, i felt the same way. even very theoretical in nature the questions seemed to easy for a failure rate of 60%. I hope we are not missing something… :frowning:

especially I remember I saw a couple of questions from quant on hypothesis testing where they gave you the test stat and the critical value at diff significance levels and ask you what should you do, I was like ahhh, is this a trick question?..

yeah, i remember something with a crit.value of 2.xx - i was the same, i barely used my calculator when taking the cfai exams.

The BSAS exam did that too (i.e. gave critial value and t stat and asked what to do). I think that might happen in the exam (they won’t give you a z or t table…) I heard from some last year that some questions tripped them up because they thought “nah, it can’t be this easy…”

AS they say, they want to test the cncepts at L1. HOpe this is true next sat

liaaba Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I tried not to read the answers after each > question, just took the screenshot and moved onto > the next question > > but I’m still a little worried about these online > exams cos they didn’t seem as hard as I was > expecting, it’s getting me to do a little > conspiracy theory in that CFAI is trying to get > ppl to feel confident and complacent so they can > shock us on the actual exam and achieve the > results they want, that or I’m just thinking too > much and overanalyzing the whole situation. it’s easy because you’ve studied well. Enjoy and stop overanalyzing and torturing yourself.

lola, i hope we can all say that in mid January…

i hope so, barthezz. I was the same way, but enough people who’ve taken the exam told me that it’s not that hard if you’ve studied well and that so many people show up really underprepared, hence the low pass rates. That plus I’m trying to bring everyone’s spirits up, b/c we all need all the confidence we can muster to pass this thing.

lola’s really been a big asset to this forum ya, I think I’m overanalyzing it too, based on the scores you posted, it seems like you have very good odds at passing this thing too, hopefully we’ll all be seeing each other again on this site come January, but on the L2 forum instead

I scored 80% on version 1, and managed to make good time (ie even took screenshots). I hope that’s a good sign. But when I looked at the break down I got 50% and 67% on a few topic areas.

thanks, liaaba. I really hope to move to the L2 forum in jan together and if so, I’ll be leaning on all of you guys again to pass that as well. lillilland, that’s great! now at least you know which areas need more work.