CFAI....Frustrating

Just received the mail that confirm the cancellation of the exam…10 days before…that’s really really unprofessional…and apparently no reason here in Brazil.

I also do not know if make sense believe in may sessions…

It is disheartening and if it is going to make you feel any better (I really doubt it), I have already complained at length about them. I have just received email from CFAI that it is still unclear whether there will be enough spots for the exam in 2021. Here is the e-mail:

"We recently let you know that your test center for December has been closed. At that time, we anticipated we would have additional information for you the week of 16 November. Unfortunately, the pandemic has introduced new challenges in many areas and we have not yet been able to confirm capacity availability in your area for all 2021 windows. Thus, we have not yet updated your account to release your registration for re scheduling.

We plan to send an email outlining additional information on capacity in your area on 1 December at which time your account will be updated to allow you to take action.

Thank you for your patience as we work through the challenges to add capacity to your area.

CFA Institute"

I just hope it will allow May 2021. But of course, nothing will guarantee that the exam will be held if the third wave strikes Europe.

I cant believe yet that my venue (Brazil/Rio) was not allowed (what does it really mean? The city didnt allowed?!).
Lot of time and hours without my kids for nothing? Like torture Inthink I’ll have to repeat all this process again?
Well, is it ethical with the candidate? And the psychological side of the candidate? And the family around him/her?I know that the majority are less than 28 yrs… not my case. I’m 46 and Ihave family… brutal differences,
I start to lose the faith and I lot of questions about the importance of it. I love studying… but in this situation, as I said it is similar a torture.