CFAI L2 Mock 2012

just did the AM session and got 78.3%. I got 1/6 on the first fra section… was just impossible. but i tought the other question were pretty straight forward. I’m doing pm this pm

Got 61% on AM did get almost everything on first 30 but FRA killed then. Did underestimate last reading. Also was lot shaky with last item set. Going back and revising FRA and Equities.

I definetly found that the wording/teminology on some of the problems were a bit obscure. If I am not mistaken didnt the AM section have you calculate beta (unleverage, releverage, etc…). If I am not mistaken the calculation of Beta (in this form) is not in an LOS! I also guessed correctly on the “Blume Method” aka Beta Drift, that was a bit out there. I also felt that the Ethics sction on both parts of the exam were really difficult. Any retesters feel that it is just the Mock exam “toughing us up” and the Real exam will be a bit more straight forward or if this is an accurate representation. I want to think that the real exam will not be so indepth in the minutea but it sounds otherwise.

77% on AM, so far I have a 74% on PM with 3 sections left. I think this is one of the easier practice exams I have taken. Hopefully the real exam will be easier than the mock!

I really wish the same. Got 70% in AM and 77% in PM. FRA sucked literally especially in AM it was too lengthy. Equity went well in the PM but not that much in AM for me! Last year mock was tough as compared to the exam. I don’t know about this year but really wish the same…

FRA wrecked me on that exam. 9/24. Just horrible.

I did the 2012 Mock today and shockingly, I got a 60% on it. Reasonably pleased with it because it was so f*%ing hard and I was getting right around there on the Schweser mock exams.

This has re-energized me and giving me the power to dedicate every available hour from tomorrow til the exam to studying. I’m 10%, or 12 questions away from striking distance. I have my short list of things I need to review, study, re-work, and memorize. I have to go to bed early to get up for an early flight for a business trip tomorrow, but I have Friday off. Every night this week I’m going to be hunkered down with room service and my damn books.

Pass or die trying!!

After getting 60-70’s in Schweser mocks I got 75% in the AM CFA Mock! The only real tough section was the first FRA item set.

I have done a couple of schweser mocks (each broken up in half) and will probably have time for one more. From what I have seen people on this thread have done really well on the schweser mocks and not so great on the 2012 CFA mock… I have been getting low 70’s on schweser and not sure if it is worth it to have my confidence broken by an exam that seems to be harder than the real thing. Do you guys recommend taking the 2012 CFA mock?

Also, I like to do the mocks in halves (half of a mock each day this week) as I need to spend a lot of time reviewing. Do you think it is that much better to do the whole mock consecutively or if it is fine to do in halfves?

Do the mock. Practice doing hard questions. You’re doing yourself a disservice by not doing it. No regrets!

It seems like mocks have been getting progressively harder. I took cfa level 2 in 2009 for first time, took a break for a couple years and 09 mock was definitely much easier than real exam. A lot of candidates felt that it was not representative. I feel like CFAI has now pushed the mocks up to higher difficulty which is better than the other way around.

This mock was rediculous, especially the FRA sections. Very very unclear and obfuscated questions, got 1/6 on a FRA section, and that was literally randomly guessing every question.

In the 1st Schweser practice exam I got 85% and was happy, but just got 65% for the AM section of this 2012 mock and am now feeling like crap.

funny how different people score on these exams. a month ago, i took the CFA 2012 mock and scored 68%. i was happy with the score, because there was still lots of stuff i needed to review. 7 mocks later, i repeated the CFA mock 2012 today and scored 88%. of course i wouldn’t have score that high had i not taken it before, but i had forgotten most of it and think at worst i would have scored mid 70s. just saying, because i haven’t come close to 85 on a schweser.

IMO schweser mocks and CFAI mock are equivalent in terms of difficulty.

I think this is another illustration as to how luck can factor into lvl 2 due to the item set format.

I got a terrible grade on the schweser live mock because I wasn’t prepared for a few of the item sets (got 0-2 outta six on a couple of them) – This is in comparison to the CFAI 2012 mock where I was a little more prepared and scored a 68%.

I think a lot of the scores/frustration you might see come out of the actual exam Saturday will have a (small) luck component to it. There won’t be much separating a band 10 fail/pass — except maybe the guy that “passed” studied one or two of the item sets the night before and the band 10 Fail focused on something else…

To me… the test is THAT scary/close of a call…

I, too, got absolutely raped by the first FRA question in the AM 2012 Mock. It seems like a lot of us did. A good thing about that is the questions would have possibly been taken out (not counted) in the real exam. I believe that if a question is so poorly answered by so many people, it will be judged too hard or incomplete/poorly asked, etc. and not counted.

That being said, even while scoring 2/6 on that set, I got 79% on the AM. The questions were so poorly worded I didn’t even know what they were talking about and I consider myself very strong in FRA. Was really depressed going through it after hitting those FRA questions. Didn’t expect to get such a good score so I’m now happy again… This CFA is a real emotional roller coaster.

I got 75% and 87% on 2011 CFAI Mocks (AM and PM) and now 79% on the morning 2012 mock. So I am feeling confident. Will do the PM 2012 tomorrow morning and maybe try my hand at the 2010 just to see some more questions.

If I can give any advice, as a Level 2 band 10 fail retaker, manage your time on the real exam! I was doing fairly well on mocks last year and stepped on my dick once I got to the real thing. Ran out of time in the AM session last year and had to guess the last 12-15 questions. I honestly feel that had I managed my time I would have easily passed. Knowing the material is not everything! Do no spend a lot of time on a single questino because you feel that you “should know it” but aren’t coming to an available answer.

Good luck to all, study hard and don’t shut 'er down till 5PM on the 2nd.

Cheers!

You gotta be kidding me with 87% on the 2011 pm mock. I mean that’s just scary good. I really half assed level II last year and was Band 8. However, I don’t even see how it’s possible that you’re scoring this high and only got Band 10 last year. Last year’s test was a joke, and the MPS had to be around 58% or something. I don’t think they’ll ever put out a test that easy again.

How did you go from failing that cake test, to crushing the mocks? I’m really curious because I’m not feeling too great for this time, and could use tips for the next go round.

what do you mean MPS? 58% should have passed the test?

Misscleo do you remeber how much you scored on MOCK 2011 last year?

nvestn do you remeber how much you scored last year on the mock 2011?

mps = minimum pass score.

how comes the MPS was 58% if the test was that easy??

MPS = Minimum Passing Score = what percentage you need right on the test. The MPS was absurdly low last year, which is a shame I half assed it because of the CAIA, because I’d be on L III now. I didn’t even take the mocks last year and did like 2 schweser tests.

The scary thing is though, the CFA has been moving towards sub 30% pass rates, and they usually will have a super easy test like last years to let some people through. I’d bet money we get a 31% or below pass rate this year, setting the new record, to make up for the farce of a test that was last years.

Tons of idiots taking the test. It was honestly like 1+1 = 2 type questions. People last year got a gift. If you fully studied and didn’t pass then you could be in big trouble in years to come.