CFAI material arrived today...

^ Yep, the time from placing the order to receipt of the shipping email and UPS ref# was 2 days for me. I received the CFAI level 3 curriculum a week after registering online. I’m UK based btw. I’ve read a few chapters from Vol #2 - it’s like ethics, it appears to be common sense, though the exam questions are probably going to be typically ambiguous, just like ethics, surprise! ): K

Not having sponsors will indeed delay your consignment

what does this mean? no books if no sponsors?

I can’t bring myself to order them yet. I’m enjoying my “study break” too much. Once the books arrive I’ll feel like I’ll have to start and modify my routine (i.e. stop drinking for enjoyment and start drinking for anxiety).

I just registered so I could save my company a few bucks before the cost goes up. I’m really not looking forward to seeing that box on my doorstep.

^stop drinking for enjoyment…I hear you! lol Books: aw, each book has got a very pretty front cover - looks can be deceiving however, since they’ll be a part of our lives for until June 2010 ): K

malek_bg Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what does this mean? no books if no sponsors? I am not sure they can hold onto the books if they have collected your money, sponsor or no sponsor.

^ I left the sponsor part of the Level 3 registration blank - I’m going to fill that in come next year when I pass the exam (fingers crossed). You don’t need to sort out the sponsorship section to register for level 3. K

the books are waiting at my apartment office waiting to be picked up. i want to pick them up in jan. maybe ill just not open the box and hide it in my office somewhere…

Got my curriculum today! I haven’t filled in any sponsors yet. malek_bg Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what does this mean? no books if no sponsors?

I just received my deceptively heavy box of books yesterday. I threw up a little bit when I saw that almost all of them are titled “Porfolio Management.” I miss FSA already (I know I’m in the minority here).

^ What a nerd

^ Well isn’t that the pot calling the kettle black… :slight_smile: You probably couldn’t help but read a few pages when your books arrived. Am I right?

Got my books yesterday…i think they made a mistake and only send PM books . So for now they are acting as a foot stool under my office desk. At least until i realised that they didnt make a mistake and i have only 3 months left ! On a more serious note, i havent used CFAI to study before, it has been sch. and study groups for lv 1 and 2. Furthermore at that time i was unemployed ( cfa was the silver lining, and the ability to wake up after noon !)Plus i am in my probation period now and have to work extra hard.Therefore it would be a lot harder this time around !I would be depending on my fellow AFers alot ! will continue with the same strategy, start in late December with sch.Finish in April, mocks all throughout May. Come June kick some A$$. This time around though i would try seriously to read CFAI and not sleep, cuz from what i have read, sch. seems to by lacking in lv 3

One of our PMs left awhile back and left behind his Level III book from 1990. It’s only 1 book (about the size of a Level II Equity book). One book with all the topics listed: Ethics, Fixed Income, Equity, Portfolio Management.

steph96 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ Well isn’t that the pot calling the kettle > black… :slight_smile: You probably couldn’t help but read a > few pages when your books arrived. Am I right? Touche. Accent aigu on the e.

just arrived yesterday , only PM, it seems boring !

I guess there’s no question as to where to start! Anyone else finding it difficult to get over the first hurdle of getting stuck in?

Yes

I had them out yesterday, read through the first few lines and BORED. Not a great start.