CFAI membership /Work experience Question

So I apply to my local society for memebership and this is what I get : "The chair of our membership committee has reviewed your application. Associate Membership is only open to individuals who do not qualify for Regular or Affiliate Membership with Toronto CFA Society and CFA Institute. According to the records you have provided your work experience may allow you to qualify for Regular Membership. Therefore, unfortunately, your experience does not meet the requirements for Associate Membership. " My experieince is mostly BO with only about 3 months of experience that I would consider relevant , what happens if the CFAI rejects my Work Exp. for membership …?? Also I can only get 1 sponsor - my boss who is a charterholder , I work in a small office so I dont have contact with other charterholders …has anybody else faced a smiliar situation ?

As far as the one sponsor thing, you’ll have to network with charterholders in your area. Any alumni of your University have the charter? Know anyone on this board (with a charter) well enough?

None of the above unfortunately . Do you know if the local society would help to connect me with potential sponsors ?

Rudeboi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > None of the above unfortunately . Do you know if > the local society would help to connect me with > potential sponsors ? call/email them.

Yes, I’d call them up and ask about what social events are coming up and see if you can attend as a guest. Let 'em know you are looking for a sponsor and would like to meet people in the local society.