CFAI Mock and Schweser exams vs. actual dec 2010 exam

Now that most of those, who sat for level 1 in December, have received their results, I’m wondering, if for any of you results turned out to be worse compared to ones you got on your CFAI Mock and Schweser exams. The thing is, I’m preparing for June exam and Schweser practice exams seem rather easy (I’m getting 80-90% correct), but I still don’t feel confident enough. Doesn’t anyone feel that actual exam was harder? Thank you.

80 - 90 this far out, your on track

If you’re getting 80 to 90 you’ll kill on your Exam. My Schweser exam scores were between 77 to 80% and I passed with all areas except Ethics with >70% and with Ethics sitting at 50-70%. … so moral of the story: study ethics both from the Schweser notes AND from the CFAI textbooks!

I did elan mock and was getting 75-80 , found certain areas of exam to be little tougher than others. So advice is not to compare, just study hard. 75-85 should b the target on mock exams , ofcourse if u r gettin more its gr8 :wink:

vgmalu, you and I had similar scores on both the practice and the matrix breakdown on the actual, but I went with Schweser. :stuck_out_tongue:

I passed and got 70-100% in all areas. I did both Schweser and Elan practice exams and I got the Elan 11th Hour package. Schweser exams were good but I found them a little easy. Elan exams were definitely harder (harder than the real exam) and really tested your knowledge. The notes I got with the Elan package were also really good. Elan is going to be my choice for level 2. Its half the price and it just seemed better. One really important thing, much more important than any private provider, is “DO THE EOC QUESTIONS FROM THE CFA TEXTBOOKS!!!” I cannot emphasis this point enough. I did them all 3 times each at least, some much more and as a result I found the exam relatively easy. I finished both in about 2 hours and as such had an hour to check both. Good luck for June!!

Chebum Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I passed and got 70-100% in all areas. I did both > Schweser and Elan practice exams and I got the > Elan 11th Hour package. Schweser exams were good > but I found them a little easy. Elan exams were > definitely harder (harder than the real exam) and > really tested your knowledge. The notes I got with > the Elan package were also really good. Elan is > going to be my choice for level 2. Its half the > price and it just seemed better. > > One really important thing, much more important > than any private provider, is “DO THE EOC > QUESTIONS FROM THE CFA TEXTBOOKS!!!” I cannot > emphasis this point enough. I did them all 3 times > each at least, some much more and as a result I > found the exam relatively easy. I finished both in > about 2 hours and as such had an hour to check > both. > > Good luck for June!! I’d have to disagree, just off chance I took a look at the Elan practice exam questions after the fact. The Schweser exams definitely seemed more challenging to me when I took them. Don’t know how this will pan out in level 2, but we’ll see. I’m quite happy I went with Schweser, I owe my pass to them.

Mock > Schweser > Actual Exam. 80-90 % is killer. You should breeze through.

Yeah Mock > Actual Exam (December 2010) Idk about Schweser

Thanks everyone for your support. I guess it’s too late for me to switch to Elan, so, as far as practice exams go, all is left to do is wait for Mock exams from CFAI. I believe, what takes away my confidence is the fact that I can’t keep all the necessary information in my active memory and instead of applying my knowledge I use logic and more or less educated guesses for about a third of questions I answer. Maybe it’s perfectly normal, but it’s hard for me to tell, since I’ve never even seen another living candidate :slight_smile: Now I’m goint to re-read my notes! 10th time!