CFAI Mock Exams AM/PM Scores

Patrician taste imho.

went 80% on the am… I was surprised, thought it was hard and like many people are saying oddly written.

78/83

odd thing is i was expecting 65-70 on pm as I thought it was quite difficult.

67 AM and 65 on PM. I found the questions having lots of tricks in wording.

I scored 0 for GIPS and very low for Asset Manager Code. Any advices how to improve these 2? I have done all CFAI and LOS and Schweser :frowning:

62%/80%, will go through as many TTs as possible while keeping my hopes high

78/80 AM/PM scores

I’ve done the 2007 to 2017 past AMs and 2 CFAI 2018 PM twice so my score is biased upwards. It improved from 63/68 when I took them the first time a month ago…

70%/70% can’t seem to get out of low 70s in anything … lots of silly mistakes. and Yes the wording was so god awful on the AM one

Ha! same exact score here as well!

72 AM and 77 PM.

Am I the only one that was confused when the AM was also multiple choice?

Personally I think this isn’t a very good mock relative to the real exam. It’s in a rather different style and some questions are unclear whereas the exam is always clear. I have heard the CFAI gets others to do their mocks/topic tests so this may be why?

I feel like I remember L2 being similar, with the mock feeling rather “weird” and not at all like the real exam.

yea cfai mocks/tt have never been a good representation. Personally i’ve always found actual exams to be extremely well written with very little ambiguity in questions

78 AM / 72 PM.

AM felt really easy to me, had even some extra time (2 mins) to review. PM felt very hard, I did not have enough time and had to guess a couple of questions (eg q 10). Surprised I got 72 on PM. I would rate PM as more difficult at least for me.

Just finished AM got 40/60 = 67%

Anyone else feel like the Charles Truck (Trading Monitoring and Rebalancing) was terribly written? It could be that it’s almost 10pm and my brain is fried, but for some reason most of the questions I could not figure out to which statements/passages they related to…

That’s funny, if I recall we were both band 8 last year too! Let’s hope we both pass this year… I really need to end this journey this year… I feel like after all the years of break form the program and half ass effort last year and in 2010, I have put a solid effort and with low 70s going into it can go either way …

This is how you pass.

Something which L3 repeaters might be able to help out here (this is my 3rd time, but never did the TTs or the mock before), are the TTs & the mocks generally more difficult than the actual exams?

Yes! Very poor, so ambiguous.

That one stuck out to me. It was awful

You should do the TTs at least once (maybe twice) and 8-10 mocks (from CFAI).

The past AM mocks published on the CFAI website are the ACTUAL exams. They never publish they actual PMs

In the PM, question 7, it asks for the Graham’s net wealth, but the answer looks at the economic balance sheet. Aren’t they supposed to specify that it’s the net worth according to the economic balance sheet that they’re looking for?