CFAI mock PM, help :D

hi, _____________________________ in order not to violate the usage terms of the mock, i cannot post the question here, please look it up in your own copy. in this way i can be reasonably assured not to let non-registered guys access the mock. sorry for the inconvenience. _____________________________ hope there are already some of you out there that have taken the PM part of the mock … i have by mistake started with PM session :confused: but i doubt this is such a big deal. i scored 77.5% but finished well before the time limit… its below my average, so i’m quiete unhappy with it, but this is mostly because i miserably failed at ethics… (50%) and in retrospect can’t exactly tell why i did so poorly; the questions didn’t seem that hard in review. anyway, i have some issues with 3 of the questions and i hope that you can help me out here. —Q21 (quant)— this is a “closest to” question. i agree with the correct answer given, but i disagree with their conclusion on why their answer is correct (i.e. i got a different “closest-to” value) mean=355 upper_bound=mean+STDEV*scalingFactor <==> solve for STDEV for significance of 1% is disagree that the scalingFactor is ~3, but 2.57583. it would be 3.29053 for a significance of 0.1%. — Q64 (FSA)— this is a “closest-to” question. again, i got the correct answer, but my solution (“closest-to” value) differs. they calculate DPO the following way. DPO=365/(COGS/AP). but actually you calculate your AP-turnover with “purchases” in the nominator. we have all the information given, inventory(t)=inventory(t-1)+purchases(t)-COGS(t) <==> solve for purchases(t) the difference is not that stunning: COGS=1969 purchases=1932 DPO is different in my case. DSO and DIO are unchanged. — Q93 (Derivatives)— that must be a mistake… they say B, but it’s wrong. afterwards they explain why A must be correct. just read here that apparently in the AM exam there’s another “feature” like this… i hope they do a more thourogh review on the final exam. cheers

chefe_ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hi, > > _____________________________ > > in order not to violate the usage terms of the > mock, i cannot post the question here, please look > it up in your own copy. in this way i can be > reasonably assured not to let non-registered guys > access the mock. sorry for the inconvenience. > _____________________________ > > hope there are already some of you out there that > have taken the PM part of the mock … i have by > mistake started with PM session :confused: but i doubt > this is such a big deal. > > i scored 77.5% but finished well before the time > limit… its below my average, so i’m quiete > unhappy with it, but this is mostly because i > miserably failed at ethics… (50%) and in > retrospect can’t exactly tell why i did so poorly; > the questions didn’t seem that hard in review. > anyway, i have some issues with 3 of the questions > and i hope that you can help me out here. > > —Q21 (quant)— > > this is a “closest to” question. > i agree with the correct answer given, but i > disagree with their conclusion on why their answer > is correct (i.e. i got a different “closest-to” > value) > > mean=355 > upper_bound=mean+STDEV*scalingFactor > <==> solve for STDEV > > for significance of 1% is disagree that the > scalingFactor is ~3, but 2.57583. it would be > 3.29053 for a significance of 0.1%. > > — Q64 (FSA)— > > this is a “closest-to” question. > again, i got the correct answer, but my solution > (“closest-to” value) differs. > > they calculate DPO the following way. > DPO=365/(COGS/AP). but actually you calculate your > AP-turnover with “purchases” in the nominator. we > have all the information given, > inventory(t)=inventory(t-1)+purchases(t)-COGS(t) > <==> solve for purchases(t) > > the difference is not that stunning: > COGS=1969 > purchases=1932 > > DPO is different in my case. > DSO and DIO are unchanged. > > — Q93 (Derivatives)— > > that must be a mistake… they say B, but it’s > wrong. afterwards they explain why A must be > correct. > > just read here that apparently in the AM exam > there’s another “feature” like this… i hope they > do a more thourogh review on the final exam. > > cheers Keep studying the ethics…reread the sections of the codes and standards and try to understand why you got them wrong…i did fairly well in the ethics section on the mock but i’ve read ethics prob 4x since february…You have decent amount of time to nail ethics. a lot of the questions ask “most likely”, so that can be quite tricky. For Quant - look at pg 326 in the CFAI book - bottom of the page. For FRA- I agree with you completely. We had all the info we needed to calculate COGS but look at the FRA book, page 326 , 1st paragraph last sentence. Go figure For Derivative - Wrong answer correct solution . Its 100% answer A. Page 6(Volume 6) 1st paragraph last sentence. Hope this helps.

Looks like the “Wrong answer correct solution” bug is going around all CFA mock exams.

@ njlevel10610 thanks for the answer… but again, going back to my quant question :smiley: i think the wording in the question is false… +/- 3 STDEVs is okay for 99.73% confidence (as you pointed out in the CFAI book p326) intervall, but it’s NOT for a 99% CI as is written in the exam. for a 99% CI the scaling factors are +/- 2.58

Not to knock the Institute, but I hope they spend more time writing the real exam than they spent on the mock…

feel free to knock the Institute tmjones - you are allowed to do so as per the Standards. (possible test question).

They posted an errata. Nice one GARTY. There’s one question on the mock exam that I just guessed and got the right answer…but I was WTF are u kidding me!!! They print hundreds of pgs in each volume and 1 question was from a table listed in the equities section and it was not part of the LOS If you have the exam, its question 83 in the Morning Session. Another question in the same session is #56 in FRA…i thought was just grossly unfair …i had to just reason and use common sense but during the exam, u lose focus when you see question like that. Similiar to question 83, question 56 was pulled from a table showings statistics for companies in the spooz. Who turn’s the book clockwise to read a table in FRA when you have a book close to 700 pgs of material and counts for 20% of the exam. those 2 really bothered me, even though i answered them correctly.

Yeah expect 2-3 real ****** questions on the exam and be prepared to guess wisely/ come back to them later/ not get intimidated / and relax