CFAI Online Qs

They didn’t bother to write a lot of new ones…if you look at FRA there probably only two new vignettes…the rest is just taken from the 2013 and 2014 mocks.

Whooooo finally started doing these. Did the first six or so of the FRAs… these are fun!

I’ve only done Schweser mocks and CFAI EOCs up to this point so getting my first crack at CFAI exam style questions definitely threw me at first. There is a lot of information here. Luckily I haven’t been completely stumped on anything, just flat out wrong on a bunch of stuff. “Luckily”, I should say.

I’m getting my ass kicked as well. I’ll pray to CFA God the exam questions to be more straightforward.

Guys, would you rather these CFA Qs or the Schweser mocks if you had to choose. I guess I’m from the few people who aren’t doing the Schweser mocks. I’m revising all the trillion concepts, going over my mistakes from the EOCs, all my notes and formulas. I’ll do the timed CFA mock this weekend. In the mean time I’m doing a few of these online Qs. Am I losing out by not going for the Schweser mocks?

I will always default to the people who write the exam, thus the CFAI EOCs, these online Qs and the official CFAI mock all rank highest of importance. So no I don’t think you’re missing out, you have everything you need to pass the exam already.

The two Schweser mocks I’ve done, however, seemed to be of great help as well. But that’s why I did those before taking the CFAI mock (I’ll do one more Schweser before doing the official I think).

If you have already bought the Schweser mocks, go for the Schweser Mocks. If you haven’t bought them, go for CFAI.

Cheers mate.

I’m finding the CFAI online practice questions very helpful – my scores have been quite variable (1/6, 3/6, 5/6) within the same subject area (FRA). Definitely figuring out areas of weakness doing these questions. The 65 item sets available online is equivalent to 3.25 mock exams.

Not sure why they provide 5 items set for quant and only 3 for Fixed Income, considering that quant is likely to be 5% of the exam and Fixed Income could be 15-20% of the exam.

I hope the online system doesn’t have issues next week when it will likely have the most hits…

*double post*

The fixed income material has been revamped this year.

The old mock past exams are not relevant, except for 3 item sets.

Do you know which three those are-- are they the three online assessments?

Yes, these are the only relevant item sets from past mock exams still applicable to this year’s material.

Pretty lackluster resource base for FI…

Multinational operations and Evaluating reporting quality in FRA is missing as well.

You should resolve these from the CFAI EOCs.

I know I will.

Evaluating reporting quality is everywhere ;p. Seriously - I haven’t done all FRA Qs but the last one is typical example for this topic.

It’s a new topic supposedly. Or drasitcally changed from what I understand.

2014 topic “Evaluating Financial Reporting Quality”

2015 topic “Evaluating Quality of Financial Reports”

Maybe CFAI have changed the examples but I doubt the concepts are different. Can somebody who has taken L2 2014 comment please?

I’ve seen Multinational Reporting questions pop up in Equity questions. So… there’s that.

http://irfanullah.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/CFA-Level-II-2014-2015-Program-Changes.pdf

Well I’ve seen economics question pop up in M&A vignette with one question from portfolio too. So yeah…I feel like I’m floating in a parallel universe where Murphy’s Law is the only fact.

I’m doing OK on everything else, but FRA is smoking me. And this is without having done any Multinational questions. I have no idea how I got >70 in L1 either because I just suck at this topic. Blind luck I guess.