cfai quant problems

is it worth it to do all of the cfai quant problems? I notice they are all so long with parts A-F and seem like a waste of time. Not so much a waste, but an inefficient use of my time. Do you think it would be smarter to just do schweser multiple choice problems which will be more like I’ll see on the test? I just don’t think I have the time to get through all those now, I wanted to get on as many practice tests as I can. I think I might just read quickly through the answers to see the calculations but not actually do them and then I’ll do any multiple choices ones I see but thats it.

while those problems may not have multiple choice which is what you are expecting, depending on your time available - get used to the language / style in which questions are asked. that will stand you in good stead. you can also attempt to see if your method to solve the problem is what is expected, and what mistakes you are making. You could layout the problem, and check the solution to see if you got it right, at the least.

Some of the quant problems in the book are far too lenghty to test you on, that being said they may give you some of the information and you need to piece it together. The multiple choice questions may give you an idea of what to expect on the exam, but if you have the time being able to answer the questions in the book will give you the confidence to tackle whatever they through at you. It’s all time management now, pick the areas to study where you feel it will get you the extra few marks come exam day.