CFAI Sample Exam #2

yeah, 73, but others have done much better.

swan…what sections are covered by cfai sample 3?

mumu, You are busting me about some question I didn’t see in April and you can’t find what topics are on the sample exam? http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/resources/sample_mock_topics.html##sample_two

hahhahahha!! wow…now why didn’t I think of that…! apologies…but in my defence I’d like to say that exploring the CFA website is not one of my hobbies :wink: …useless posts on AF …bring it on!! PS: no offence to you - thanks for putting that link :wink:

I was just kidding. :wink:

I wasn’t! I’m lazy…it’s true…ok back to PM now…

gave sample #2… really dirty… fsa, ethics was ok, but credit analysis with the s&p computations etc… 1/6… sample 1: 70 sample 2: 43 whoooohoooo…

Just got 80 on Sample 3… that feels much better than my 70 on sample 2. edit: The corp finance part kicked my a$$ though

mcleod, did they cover corp. governance on sample 3?

No, the topics are: Int’l Parity Relationships Inter-company investment Capital Budgeting / Project analysis Residual Income Forward Contracts

thanks for the info…

I didn’t review the topics jsut before taking the sample exams, I believe that diludes the value of the exam in reflecting what you know off the top of your head as opposed to from your short term memory.

I took the sample 2 and 3 today, sample 2 just killed me (60% or so) so I went out, had a nice tapas lunch outdoor and as a desert, scored 80% on sample 3 I was suprised by the number of calculatory questions…

I just got SLAUGHTERED on Sample 2 Exam. 46%. I’m in disbelief. I got 70% on the first one and am scoring around 80% with Schweser. That was rediculous.

dunno why…got screwed on sample 3 - 70% :(:frowning: hadn’t reviewed capital budgeting in a loooong loong time…missed out silly things like wcinv and interest expense to be included in calculations… besides that all sections were mostly smooth ***SPOILER*** I do not however agree with the their answer where they asked about the effect of changing from accelerated to straight line depreciation. I agree that the tax benefits will be lower, but I my thinking was something like this. Moving from accelerated to straight line - your depreciation charge will be lower in the earlier years of the project - hence it should increase your NPV. I don’t think that the loss in tax benefits would be higher than the decline in depreciation charge - to get you to a lower NPV… anybody else agree?? **END OF SPOILER*** anyway…so my running total Sample 1 - 76.67% (23/30) Sample 2 - 66.67% (20/30) Sample 3 - 70.00% (21/30) very very borderline… not happy…don’t feel like taking more exams…scared to death …sad…very sad…

Since we are discounting the after tax CASH flows to get the NPV, depreciation won’t have any effect outside of the tax benefits which will be received earlier under accelerated depric.

aaaah ! of course…how silly of me…thanks mcleod81 … just took Book 6 Exam 2 AM - 83% feeling much better … but dunno how long this’ll last!!

Done with the 3 sample exams…so my running total: Sample 1 - 90% Sample 2 - 76.67% Sample 3 - 93.33% ( I think for one of the question related to parity relationship the answer was wrong.)

kabhii Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Done with the 3 sample exams…so my running > total: > > Sample 1 - 90% > Sample 2 - 76.67% > Sample 3 - 93.33% ( I think for one of the > questions related to parity relationship the > answer was wrong.) Why the low score on Sample 2? JK

dude.