CFAI Sample Exam #2

So, I scored a 66% which I’m not wild about, but I was hoping some of you high flyers could post your scores on this exam here, so I can see how far off pace I was and determine how I want to enterpret the score. If I’m within about 10% of some of you, I’ll feel better. Anyhow, specifically, I’m looking for scores from Niblita, Maratikus, mwvt9, Dinesh, and Mumu. Anyhow, keep me posted if you don’t mind.

I haven’t taken it yet. I’ll probably take it on Monday.

I haven’t taken it either. And I am not a high flyer. :wink: I know ilvino (who is a high flyer) posted a score of 73 and kabhii (so high you can even see him) scored a 76. I only list their scores because they have already posted them in another thread.

i still haven’t taken the first one…the second seems really far away ! Hopefully i’ll take them both tomorrow…will keep you posted…

Hi Swan - Thats an amazing score. From what I have heard from the fellow AF’ers that CFA-Sample Exam 2 is a real brutal one. You passed the most deadly test around, you are a LOCK for 7th. Did you take the 1st exam too? what was the score in there? … and why am I listed in the A&F-500 index there, I am a negative outlier as compared to the other great guys there. You really need to rebalance that index and add kabhii and remove ds from there.

Dinesh I went 73-66-73, I’m guessing you took the first one as your asking, how’d you fair big buddy?

The trends are real borderline, but to be honest I’ve been coasting these past couple weeks in terms of the actual intensity of my study time. I’ve narrowed my target list down to Ethics, FSA, Econ, and Corp Fin as the one’s I’m routinely sucking at.

Black Swan, I actually failed the first sample exam (got only 63%) primarily due to not being focused and making quite a few unacceptable mistakes. I’m not planning on taking any more sample exams. I know what I need to review. Your scores are really good. I’m sure you will do well on the actual exam.

Dude, either you’re lying or the laws of the universe must have bent for about 1.5 hours, cause there’s no way your actual level of ability is anywhere below 80%.

I have not yet taken any exams Swanny :frowning:

I took the first one on Wed and went 23/30 for a 77. I just took the second one tonight. After reading about it, I was intimidated. I decided it demanded my head-to-toe under armour test outfit ala ray lewis. I owned it. 24/30 for an 80. My PM sucked I went 3/6. That needs work. The FSA and deriv went smooth. Ethics and FI I missed 3, one being that bs ethics misprint. I want $1.33 back for that question. My test outfit is worth 5 points. We Must Protect This House!

LOL, I was actually wondering where you got to earlier today, haven’t seen you on the forums in awhile. Anyhow, way to demoralize me. Ahhh well…we shall see I guess.

Believe me. I expected 60’s. No mock score makes you feel any better because the next one could be the worst. We just have to keep plugging away and make it happen. I do think that knowing what topics are going to be on each sample is an advantage. I mean if it says Ethics, FSA, FI, Eriv, PM… I am checking my notes and formulas before logging in. I’ll do that on 6/6, but still.

slouiscar - you’re my twin! Just did the first one and went 23/30. I’d like to say that’s 77%, but damn CFAI “dashboard” says 76% - I mean …why do they have to take that extra 0.67% away from me huh??? anyway…made one REALLY DUMB mistake in vignette 5 ( if we all had the same order) and then got screwed in the same one - so dropped to like 33.33 % there! (surprisingly i had that listed as one of my strong points)…anyway…i know what I missed and why…so will fix it…all is not lost yet! all other sections were smooth …realistically …i should’ve scored 83 on this one…was very doable… was gonna do the second one tonight…but will review the missed sections on the first one while it’s fresh…and probably do #2 tomm morning…will keep ya posted swan PS: and the point of knowing which sections are on the sample …i agree :wink:

you know i’ve realized…my posts are usually the longest… i need to control this… :slight_smile:

slouiscar Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I took the first one on Wed and went 23/30 for a > 77. > > I just took the second one tonight. After reading > about it, I was intimidated. I decided it > demanded my head-to-toe under armour test outfit > ala ray lewis. I owned it. 24/30 for an 80. > > My PM sucked I went 3/6. That needs work. The > FSA and deriv went smooth. Ethics and FI I missed > 3, one being that bs ethics misprint. I want > $1.33 back for that question. > > My test outfit is worth 5 points. We Must Protect > This House! Well done slouis! I knew you would kill those exams. Seems like you are ready to go. Oh yeah, one more thing, why does Dan Krieder (fullback for the Steelers) always seem to own Ray-Ray?

What is the difference between the CFAI Sample exam and Mock exams?

I am afraid i am peaking early .27/30 in sample 1. waiting for sample 2 to bring me down to earth.

nice dyslexic! dont’ worry…peaking is not a bad thing…you just gotta stay there…

86% on Sample 1 70% on Sample 2 There was some BS on that second sample exam. I got my ass handed to me on the Fixed Income credit analysis part.