CFAI Sample exam 3....Whew!

good work… I take the dreaded second exam tomorrow… I super stoked…

i hope you’re color blind- that RED RED RED on the bottom when i scroll down messes with my head. good luck- that one is def the hardest of the 30q tests. i prob will pony up the $100 and take one of the full mocks on memorial day. what’s more patriotic than capitalism at it’s finest displayed by the CFAI taking my money again and again.

What were your scores on the free sample exam?

Swanny, Did you take any yet?

i got a 60 on the free one if i can remember correctly so 60, 50, 66. yuck. i’ve been 70 or above on the 1AM/PM and 2AM/PM schweser. going to take book 6 test 3 on saturday i think. i’m trying to keep FSA and SS12 and 13 pretty fresh as I think these are the biggies for the test but i’ve been trying to sneak in a bit of what i suck at (last 2 nights have done quant q’s). i tried to break out the ethics stuff last night and promptly feel asleep about 5 pages in. i might try to get a good night’s sleep tonight b/c it’s on this weekend. 30 hours is very doable- 3 tomorrow night and 9 a day sat/sun/monday. i don’t even think that’s killing myself. this weekend is hopefully when it all magically starts to come together. hopefully.

yeah I would def. recommend the Mock exam ($100)… that ones not too bad… I got a 74% on that one… I am sure you will do better… good luck!

Have you done both of the chaptap? Edit: I am trying to figure out if they are worth working into my schedule

mwvt9 all the CFAI exams are worth doing more than the Schweser because the exam will be written by them - not schweser. That being said, there is still 2 weeks left so you have more than enough time to do the schweser exams and all 5 cfai exams.

yeah i did both… if you can fit it in I would recommend it… I know theres been lots of talk on here about the effectiveness of the CFA exams…but for level 1 I thought they were critical to my success in passing… There was a lot of repeat questions on the actual exam that I got right only because I missed them in the practice exams and ended up learning from my mistakes… So if the level 2 in any indication of level 1 and because of the importance CFAI places on the practice exams (they gave us one for free…which means take it due to importance), I feel as though the CFAI practice exams are much more meaningful than any of the Schweser practice exams…no matter what the costs… just my 2 cents

the upside to the CFAI tests- the wording if very CFAI-ish if that makes sense. If you do qbank and schweser for too long, sometimes you’ll get a subtle wording difference that kind of throws you for a loop the 1st time you see it on a CFAI test. For that alone I’d say their tests are worth a look. In terms of reviewing, however, the CFAI tests suck if you are going to live up to the code of ethics (i don’t mess with my karma so i didn’t do screenshots at all). I can get the answers but I can’t get the actual questions and/or accompanying B/S’s and I/S’s to really hammer the questions home when reviewing. This is frustrating. I wish the CFAI would get over themselves a bit and just let us see those questions- it would go a long way towards a candidate’s study efforts and learning process. Book 6 schweser I think has been good- straight forward, testing most of the big areas, gets you in the mode of vignettes and doing a straight 3 hour session. MWVT9- you’re golden no matter what you do I think, but if you can I’d try to mix it up a bit and take a few sample tests from each provider. The CFAI ones do add value, maybe not as much as a study tool after the fact, but you’ll see areas you want to really focus in on and take a deeper dive into when reviewing.

I took the free one and got a 73%, got slaughtered on the pensions, had to go 100% on the last 10 q’s to make up for it, also scored pretty low in ethics which makes sense as its the only topic I haven’t reviewed yet.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I took the free one and got a 73%, got slaughtered > on the pensions, had to go 100% on the last 10 q’s > to make up for it, also scored pretty low in > ethics which makes sense as its the only topic I > haven’t reviewed yet. Nice job. That gets it done on gameday. How about those translation questions??? I got killed on those.

I got the translation ones, i missed the last 3 econ regarding parity as they seemed to easy so I over thought it.

So I heard rumors your scores were in the 80% range, care to elaborate mwvt9?

That is funny. I got all the pension right and missed all the translation. I feel Econ is my weakest subject and went 6/6 and then in quant, which I feel decent about, I missed what R^2 means! LOL I misread the answer.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So I heard rumors your scores were in the 80% > range, care to elaborate mwvt9? No they weren’t. I have only taken the free exam and I scored a 77. I am still quite uncomfortable because it was only 30 questions. There is SO much information I don’t know and I can’t figure out how to manufacture the time to learn it.

econ has been mild. eek i hope that doesn’t jinx it for test day. i would take triangular arb questions all day every day over most subjects. just need to make sure i have 100% differences between like PPP and covered or uncovered interest rate parity or fisher relationship, etc. besides that, feel like most of the stuff hasn’t been bad so far. knock on wood.

Yep, I’m anxious too, to get a longer exam to see how I score, I’m thinking maybe better, cause they really didn’t hit on many of my strong areas, other than equity and stats and I love derivatives so, we’ll see. I’m thinking I’ll hit the second exam (first not free one) later at night, so I’ll keep you posted, I hear it’s a crapshoot.

Good luck man.

I did great on the second 80% after a 63% on the first one but then on the third one I got a 63%. I made so many errors!!! hope I do better on the mock exam.