CFAI Sample exam 3....Whew!

For cfasf1 and those worrying about the second sample, I think the third exam may put the wind back in your sails a bit. Don’t get me wrong, it was tough, but not nearly as silly the second sample exam. Still there are some nit picky types of questions. I managed to squeak out a 70. This after making a 53 on the second exam

good to know. thanks for the update rekooh. now when i get a 55 on this one, i can go jump off the golden gate bridge. :slight_smile:

which sample exam do you think was the hardest? do i have a choice on a free sample exam or everyone has to do the same sample exam?

The first one is the free one. You can’t choose.

no choice on the free one, i’ve taken that one and the second one. i sobbed after i took the second one.

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > which sample exam do you think was the hardest? > do i have a choice on a free sample exam or > everyone has to do the same sample exam? I’ve taken all 3. Exam #2 is without question the hardest.

budfox, i heard consider sample exams waste of time because of a large number of errors. Do you find sample exams helpful?

bud, how did you do on 3. I know you knocked out the first one.

1. should have been higher… i keep telling myself i won’t make stupid mistakes on the real thing yet i make at least one in every practice exam. it’s frustrating.

I blame it on scrolling up and down.

That does suck.

i didn’t want to bring that up, but the sample exam format drives me absolutely nuts.

high 60s on the 3rd one for me. to the above, i think they are helpful, warts and all.

agreed. they are definitely helpful. they just ask questions in a different way than schweser. I think on the mocks, the answers come later, so i’m looking forward to those.

Answers might not come at all on the mock. You dont’ see your score until the end, but some people are saying you don’t get any explanations at all.

you do get the explanations on the mock exams… its on the exam results page with your score… There is one line under your score which reads “Click here to receive a printable summary…” Its gives a PDF of the ans.

oh, that’s good! i hope that’s not true.

chadtap Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you do get the explanations on the mock exams… > > its on the exam results page with your score… > > There is one line under your score which reads > “Click here to receive a printable summary…” > > Its gives a PDF of the ans. Good. Thanks for the info. There was some debate about this a few days ago.

^^ well -hopefully with the questions printed with the answers as well ? . i doubt we will be able to remember the 60 questions if there are only answers.

*bump* took the sample # 3 Score 66% You failed this assessment exam 66% Required Score: 70% Recommended Score: 70% got a 66%. this beats my 50% on the 2nd sample. I made a few stupid mistakes here, overall felt a bit better. this one tested econ (6/6), FSA (4/6), corp fi (I blew, 2/6), equity/RI (4/6), and derivs/futures and fwds (4/6). i want to say there was 1 error in one of the futures questions, but even eyeballing the question you could get it down to 2 and then 1 seemed to make more sense so got it right even though i think their # was funky. corporate finance is a silent killer. seems not bad until you haven’t looked at it in a while. i was in replacement project pain for about 15 minutes there. i wanted to kick myself for missing a simple EAA question. grrrr. this does give me hope though. hopefully we get a lot learned in this marathon weekend of studying.