CFAI Sample Exam Scores

You can order them online through bsas website, but it needs to be done a month in advance. (https://www.bsas.org/education/education_reg.asp?selected_id=80 ) I thought the BSAS exam was not too different from the schweser exams, a bit too heavy on calc then on concepts. I tend to do well on those. Econ, Quant & Ethics were a joke in both am & pm, that dissapointed me, 'coz those are the areas that I need to hone in on, and BSAS did not help me. FSA & Asset Val were tough, That was good, I realized i needed a lot of work in derivatives. I was used to the plug & chug variety that schweser throws at you. BSAS questions had some nice twists. I would agree, this is too late in the game to waste a whole day on it, I suggest, you do fsa & asset val, which is like 120 questions.

lola, although I totally agree it doesn’t hurt to do more questions, but don’t go crazy and overprepare and get yourself all anxious, it’s pretty important to keep a relaxed mindset, you don’t want to be too tense and blankout when it counts also, having seen all those posts about schweser book 6 and 7, I really thought ppl could’ve better utilized their time with CFAI exams and more review…I don’t have them personally, I only did the questions from the QBank and the CFA online exams, and I still remember all those bogus questions from the qbank, afterall they don’t write the actual exam, they’re only trying to guess what the questions will be like, the same as we do, that’s just my personal opinions though…

delhirocks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Liaaba, unfortunately I did not take down my > notes. (Know better now), but Iam pretty sure that > it had floatation cost in the one that I saw, the > rest of the question was same as above. It had 5% > floatation cost and the ans was D or something > > $12/(95-(95*0.05)) = 13.3%. (I did 12/95 = 12.63%, > which was also one of the choices) > > I think you are right, I remember reading in one > of your earlier posts that the questions are from > a pool and are generated as and when you take the > test, rather than being a fixed set of questions. —I don’t think I saw a question like that…hmm…maybe its worthwhile to go over the questions we saw from the different versions…

delhirocks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > FSA & Asset Val were tough, That was good, I > realized i needed a lot of work in derivatives. I > was used to the plug & chug variety that schweser > throws at you. BSAS questions had some nice > twists. —btw delhirocks, do you mind posting a few of those derivatives questions that you thought were different from schweser for those of us who didn’t get BSAS? would be nice just to see how different the questions can be, thanks in advance.