CFAI Sample Exam Scores

How many have you taken so far (if any)? so far I’ve done: test 3: 78% test 2: 89% test 1: 84% will do the other two over the next couple of days Do you guys find that they tend to test similar concepts on every exam? For example percentiles, double taxation, imputation tax systems and a bunch of other stuff doesn’t get tested a whole lot. That worries me a bit, because I’m relying on those tests to do a decent review.

lola you are doing great!

thanks, florinpop. How’s your studying going? You seem do be doing a great job as well! I certainly didn’t get that question about the net investment outlay of the replacement project, lol.

Lola dont worry. You are a BIG PASS. Come second/Third week of January and you will see that.

lola kinda behind haven’t done any test yet plan on spending next week on tests, ethics and reviewing a few things i know i still have too.

nice job lola I’ve only done one and got 68%. That was before I started reviewing so hopefully I’m getting better. Been slogging through book7 around 68-70.

i did 70% two tests… do you know how much do we need to pass? Good luck to all, Fernando

bad news - i thought i was nearly done prepping, but i took CFAI sample 3 now and got 58%. it was mainly small mistakes and changing answers after marking the right ones. mighty depressed now, dont know what to do…

niraj, don’t give up. Just go over the questions you got wrong and try to understand each concept, explain why the answer you got is wrong and why the right answer is what it is. Then take another exam in a couple of days. I guarantee you’ll do much better, that will boost your confidence and you really need that for the exam. good luck.

I just did exam 2 yesterday and got 68%. I got 72% on exam 1. I found that I started getting stuff wrong when I went too fast. I slowed myself down around question #30, and I think that made a big difference on the second half

gotcha. i’ll probably do exam 2 tomorrow night after i review a bit today.

I just took the CFAI exam and was wondering how do I review my wrong answers, it seems to not let me back in? Please help

sanyaiz you can’t review them after you have already finished the test. that is why a lot of these guys are pasting screenshots as they go. yes, that sucks.

Lola - you will sail it.

How do we make screen shots?

hit the print screen button and then paste in word

Took version 3 yesterday, scored ok (78%), but I thought this was one of the toughest test I took. I have taken all book 6 exams, all 5 ‘06 sample exams & 06’ & '07 BSAS. Bombed Ethics. I thought the questions per se were not outstandingly tough, just the way they were worded. There was a question on EMH data set, I had to read it like three times to understand what it was asking, once you knew, it was simple. There was another question about constant cost & increasing cost industry in perfect comptt, got that wrong, but it made sense after I reviewed it. Again not a very tough question, if it clicks at that time. There was a question on preferred stock cost, it included floatation cost, got that wrong as well, but now I know what to do with the floatation cost. Was surprised about an ethics question, it was something like a guy lied to his boss about taking the CFA exam and also stated that he will pass it. The question asked whether it was a violation of a) Professional Conduct (which I thought it was) & b) Duty to employer (which I also thought it was), but it was a violation of only professional conduct and not duty to employer. Apparently lying to your boss is not a violation of IV(A), well I guess now I know. And then there were a couple of questions, I got wrong, really easy ones, but just messed them up, selected most likely instead of least likely etc. got to work on those. I agree with Matt^, need to take it slow. After taking Book6 exams, in which I was always a bit short of time, I tend to race through questions, I was done with the exam in 60 mins. Need to slow down and pay more attention. Don’t think time is going to be a big issue if these sample exams are any guide.

"There was a question on preferred stock cost, it included floatation cost, got that wrong as well, but now I know what to do with the floatation cost. " delhirocks, which question was that? is it question 36 where it said, “Braxton Energy is planning a new issue of $100 par preferred stock with a 12% dividend. The stock can be sold for $95 per share. Assumig a marginal tax rate of 40%, Braxton Energy’s after tax component cost of preferred stock will be closest to…” But I don’t see any floatation costs… I did all 5 exams, somehow I think they’re a bit too easy to be the real thing, like some of the questions are straight forward what is this type questions, but hopefully it does represent the actual exam well and we won’t get surprised come Saturday

Liaaba, unfortunately I did not take down my notes. (Know better now), but Iam pretty sure that it had floatation cost in the one that I saw, the rest of the question was same as above. It had 5% floatation cost and the ans was D or something $12/(95-(95*0.05)) = 13.3%. (I did 12/95 = 12.63%, which was also one of the choices) I think you are right, I remember reading in one of your earlier posts that the questions are from a pool and are generated as and when you take the test, rather than being a fixed set of questions.

delhirocks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Took version 3 yesterday, scored ok (78%), but I > thought this was one of the toughest test I took. > I have taken all book 6 exams, all 5 ‘06 sample > exams & 06’ & '07 BSAS. delhi, how did you find the 2007 BSAS? I’m wondering if it’s worth taking a whole day to do it at this point. I’m thinking of doing just one session only. Which one was harder?