CFAI sample exam % vs. Level I test result.

For all you LII’ers who passed December/June '07. If you took the CFAI sample exams and passed, what were your percent scores and how difficult were they relative to the actual exam? For any LI’ers retaking in June '07 stumbling into this post, and took the sample exams, what percent scores did you get? I took them, scored near their recommended score, and now trying to estimate how many more hours I should study for June. Thanks in advance for your comments!

I scored around 68-75 on CFA samples and around 75-80 on Schweser Qbank. I passed the exam with all but 1 or 2 sections belows 70%. That being said, I would worry less about hours, and more about comfortability with the material. I learned a lot of the CFA material through my employment, so some of it wasn’t new, but everyone’s situation is different.

wjg Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I scored around 68-75 on CFA samples and around > 75-80 on Schweser Qbank. I passed the exam with > all but 1 or 2 sections belows 70%. That being > said, I would worry less about hours, and more > about comfortability with the material. I learned > a lot of the CFA material through my employment, > so some of it wasn’t new, but everyone’s situation > is different. I was in the same boat as the above. Started out getting in the mid to low 60s on the first 2 CFAI tests (took them a bit early). by the end, I was scoring in the mid-70s on CFAI and anywhere from 70% to 80% on Book 6.

My average CFAI sample exam score was about 64% and I passed. No financial background. I think my Schweser QBank was about 70%.

I barely got a 70% on 2 of the 5. The rest I narrowly “failed.” However, I strictly used Stalla for Level 1 (not anymore though, I’m using both the curriculum and also Stalla). I’m hoping I do better for Level 2. However, the feeling I was going to fail probably propelled me to pass, so maybe irony is my best suit.

Thanks guys (girls). Gotta say, every red made my soul hurt and every green was like a mini-party. I expected high 70s or 80s on the CFAI samples would be required to do well on the real exams, but seems like that 's unnecessary to pass. Any other responses would be appreciated!

“Thanks guys (girls). Gotta say, every red made my soul hurt and every green was like a mini-party.” You should just get rid of that soul if you want to make it in this biz…it won’t help you with anything.

lol

CFAI exams (I took 2) averaged low 60’s. Qbank - Mid 70’s Last 2 Book 6 Exams I took in the week up to the real exam were in the high 70’s - mid 80’s. I scored with everything in the >70% range except for Econ.

CFAI tests (in this order) - 70, 70, 78, 70, 68 Book 6 - ranged from 65 - 72 passed

Book 7 (Decided to start with Book 7 instead of 6) - 71, 68, 73. Book 6 - 83, 83, 83, 83, 81. CFAI tests - 81. I only did 1 - $50 for what, 60 questions? Get real. Passed with over 70 in each section.