CFAI Sample Exams are SO TOUGH...

I think they are the hardest practice questions I’ve seen so far. Much more difficult than the mocks, Schweser, etc… Do you agree? If the actual exam turns out to be as hard as this… :frowning:

Note: I’m referring to the online web-based (Testrac) “sample exams”, NOT the “mock exams” in pdf format…

I hear you man! Freakin lost my confidence doing that…Hope the actual exam is not this tough…I also think , I need to slow down and rest a bit…

Definitely bloody difficult… Scored 58% when I used to score ~70% on Schweser. I also find the Mock exams mote difficult than schweser anyway…

Agreed 1…

Agreed 2…

Ugh… I hope the actual exam is not gonna be like that. I don’t want to be hearing the sound of people scracthing their heads in the exam room…

Agreed too, the sample mocks are very difficult :frowning: Used to score much better on Schweser and CFA mock (free mock)

Remember that the Schweser mock exams are probably geared toward also conveying theory about the underlying concepts, but the real $40 mock exam (I presume, haven’t taken it) is just raw testing of the knowledge you have at that point, without any purpose of simultaneously teaching you anything.

I find it’s a good thing that the Schweser practice exams are the way they are, since you also learn something from every item set you practice on, for example if they make you select the “least correct statement” they make you read two correct ones thereby enforcing the theory. But it also makes the two types of practice exams somewhat incomparable.

If there is some underlying idea behind the institute’s mock exam I would simply assume it is to convey the message that one has to study really hard, that ought to be the message they’d like to convey. No point in anyone taking the test, scoring 100%, and they then stop studying for the remainder of the program…

Can’t comment on the actual real exam though, that’s forbidden I believe, but I might add that I’ve been enrolled in the program twice before.

Bring earplugs! There, you reminded me of a vital thing. One year there was a rock concert going on outside my test center, so it sounded ka-boom ka-boom ka-boom the entire three hour session. Ugh.

I still have 1 mock exam and a few schweser exams to do.

Would you guys recommend taking this sample exam earlier rather later this week?

Don’t want to leave it too late but also don’t want to take it too early.

Take it now, then you’ll know what your agenda is for tomorrow.

yes good point, thanks wawa

Don’t do anything too difficult or too hard on Thursday or Friday. This test has a HUGE mental component. You’re not going to go into race day confident if you have a bad run the day before or if you are doubting whether you can run 26 miles. Confidence is key!

The sample test was just really in depth. I only bought one of them, I couldn’t bring myself to purchase both. Also, the message at the end that tells you that you failed was really harsh!

That’s why I’m switching to the intermediate and advanced q bank and EOC questions. After getting 2 dissapointing mock scores, at this point, any more will kill whatever confidence I have left.

scored 50 in sample exam… too hard for me :frowning:

i don think it was a good idea to take the sample exam now only to loose my confidence… so now focusing just on reviewing concepts nd past mocks …

I really DO NOT recommend taking the paid sample exams at this point. If you like to do it, do it at your own risk…

That said, to those that complain about how difficult the sample exams are, don’t they say at the beginning of the test that:

“These sample exams represent the level of difficulty of the actual exam” or something like that??

they say it’s contains past exam question