CFAI sample exams for $80 - worth doing?

Yeah there’s two sample exams, Sample 1 and Sample 2. Each has 30 questions and each exam costs $40.

actually, if you buy both, its $60 total. That’s $1 per question. You decide the utility gained from each question. :slight_smile:

They are a resource for those that want “exposure” to exam type questions and it might be worth it - but I probably wont do them this year. As I recall I was frustrated by the “state secret” attitude that the CFA placed on these exams (like all their materials) as you were prohibited from copying the answers as I recall and frankly what is the point to taking exams when you cant use them to learn on. I am of the mind that it is of equal importance to review the material/answers and it is just as important to think through the answers and why your thinking was wrong - quality not quantity. I will do all previous CFA exams published (morning 5 years), the (3) Schweser that comes with the study material, any CFA free mocks, the EOC questions, and the Schweser question base and really understand the answers and possible offshoot questions and consider anything else gravy - and worry about it only after I think I have all the relevant concepts and formulas and relationships well in hand. I think many people show up on exam day so GD fatigued and in the fog of mock exam war that the fatigue/coupled with the exam pressure makes them less capable!

They are a resource for those that want “exposure” to exam type questions and it might be worth it - but I probably wont do them this year. As I recall I was frustrated by the “state secret” attitude that the CFA placed on these exams (like all their materials) as you were prohibited from copying the answers as I recall and frankly what is the point to taking exams when you cant use them to learn on.

We’re still a month out from exam time. For $60 I think it’ll be worth it.

Totally worth it, especially for Level 3. The mock/sample online exams and the actual old exams were the best preparation tool for me last year.

They are a resource for those that want “exposure” to exam type questions and it might be worth it - but I probably wont do them this year. As I recall I was frustrated by the “state secret” attitude that the CFA placed on these exams (like all their materials) as you were prohibited from copying the answers as I recall and frankly what is the point to taking exams when you cant use them to learn on. I am of the mind that it is of equal importance to review the material/answers and it is just as important to think through the answers and why your thinking was wrong - quality not quantity. I will do all previous CFA exams published (morning 5 years), the (3) Schweser that comes with the study material, any CFA free mocks, the EOC questions, and the Schweser question base and really understand the answers and possible offshoot questions and consider anything else gravy - and worry about it only after I think I have all the relevant concepts and formulas and relationships well in hand. I think many people show up on exam day so GD fatigued and in the fog of mock exam war that the fatigue/coupled with the exam pressure makes them less capable!

sorry for the repeats - site kept telling me there was an error in posting and so I tried to report twice!

sorry for the repeats - site kept telling me there was an error in posting and so I tried to report twice!

this site is screwed, it can sometimes take 5 minutes for a post to actually get through