CFAI sample exams for $80 - worth doing?

Just ondered if those who have done them found the paid CFAI sample exams to be worth the money? I’ve always felt that you could never do too much exam practice, but I have already done Schweser Vol 1 and 2 and all the CFAI past AM papers to 2005 and am wondering if the samples are really going to be worth the dough? The CFAI mock I will do of course…

nobody done these yet? hello?

I am curious about this too and I remember that sample exams were free of charge last year. Why CFAI charge us this year ?

Perhaps because the mock is free this year? Didn’t we have to pay for the mock exams in previous years? And as always, the CFAI’s main mission in life, what keeps the staff and management of CFAI up at night…is how to screw candidates for just a few more $$$$

It just remember it seemed (I am not quite sure now) that CFAI charge sample exams first and later it announced that sample exams were free of charge later last year. Maybe because very few candidates liked to pay last year.

I just remember it seemed (I am not quite sure now) that CFAI charge sample exams first and later it announced that sample exams were free of charge last year. Maybe because very few candidates liked to pay last year.

Mock exam (only one) was free too last year.

I am also wondering the same whether it is worth it and debating whether I should consider purchasing it. The negative is that it is not a full fledged test and you can’t even print the questions. hmm…don’t know

are they putting out a Mock this year? I remember it was out sometime around early may for level 2.

^suppose to come today as per cfai’s website. Looks like their new website has some technical issues.

newsuper Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just ondered if those who have done them found the > paid CFAI sample exams to be worth the money? > Yes.

I took the Samples and found them worthwhile as a motivational tool. Take that for what it is worth, but I found them very difficult and it will help me focus going forward.

thanks for the feedback mwvt9 and srwarrington. will do them tomorrow

let me know what you think newsuper. I used them for Level I and II, but with all the past exams and practice exams available, I am unsure about them here. I really dislike the format, but it does give a glimpse at the CFA type questions that none of the 3rd party providers seem able to replicate.

I am without a doubt going to do them. For level I & II they were great.

Read my post from earlier…nuff said

The past sample exams were filled with ridiculous typos, they should sell the samples at $10 as damaged good. I am not looking to buy the samples, 20 more questions won’t be a deal breaker/maker for me.

Each with 30 questions (total 60 questions) ?

Just did Sample 1 of the CFAI exams - not good, could only manage 63% I thought the exam was actually a bit tougher than I was expecting. They really homed in on a couple of topics. Dang.

newsuper, Each exam with 30 questions (2 eaxms : total 60 questions) ?