CFAI Sample exams

What are peoples thoughts on the CFAI Sample Exams? They seem expensive ($50) especially that they contain a small number of questions (30 q’s L11, 50 q’s L1). Are they worth it?

I didn’t use them for Level 1 but many people on this board have agreed that they were quite useful. I believe someone even mentioned that one question on the practice exam actually re-appeared on the actual test, maybe slightly different - but I’d suggest someone else confirm that. After hearing the responses of what other people thought of them post-exam, I will be purchasing them for Level 2.

^^Agree with everything said above. I did purchase a few for level 1 and multiple questions from the CFAI mocks did appear on exam day that were quite similar.

For anyone who took the practice exams - are you allowed to look over your exam after you’ve taken it? Can you copy the questions and paste them, say in a Word document to look at later?

no, not to look over later… which i thought could be possible. but there was someone on this forum who took screenshots as they were taking the exam… which is probably a good idea. with the new pricing scheme one sample exam is included so maybe take that one and see if you’d like to purchase more…

I took the practice exams and they were very helpful. As mentioned above, some of the questions were similar in the actual test. The most useful part is that you get to see how hard the questions will be before walking into the exams. Schweser questions were not a good representation of actual exam questions, although they were very helpful to practice with. As for the price, to me it was worth it because it gave me peace of mind once I had an idea how hard questions were going to be. At the end, you can print the answers that detail the relevant LOS. You can’t print the questions.

Misslee- You wrote: “with the new pricing scheme one sample exam is included so maybe take that one and see if you’d like to purchase more…” Included with what? registration?

^^Registration fee now includes the curriculum and one sample test

Lakai: do we get an email for that free sample paper or something because nothing was included with the curriculum that I received. Thanks

My guess is that you will just be able to see the free test in the future with your CFAI login.

i did 3 sample exams for level 1 and they were worth every penny…mainly because of the principles they tested(that appeared on the exam) and there were even some questions taken almost verbatim!!! I remember sitting in both AM and PM sessions thinking…"Yowzer! I’m so glad i took those online tests because they were giving away marks for jam! " Although … $50 a pop is pretty crazy…

jackoliver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Misslee- > You wrote: > > “with the new pricing scheme one sample exam is > included so maybe take that one and see if you’d > like to purchase more…” > > Included with what? registration? YES