CFAI sample mock vs. 06 exam

The Level II 06 was almost fun to do in comparison to sample 2… Quick thought. This may be off base, but I thought I recall hearing that the CFAI puts together a pool of questions, then some committee picks from the pool and creates the exam, right? Is what’s left over now the pool for samples and mocks? I mean if a question didn’t make the cut, it was for a reason, right. The samples and mocks may be written by the people writing the test but they are built from the C list. Was a question blackballed because it was: too calc oriented? too vague? too obscure? or did they just have sooo many good questions that these good questions were left over? I mean, if you have a pool for 2008, isn’t it a no-brainer to package the left overs and offer them for sale? Cost is already sunk. And the demand is borderline fanatic. Just trying to confidence boost here. …the exam is going to be more like the 06 exam and less like the for sale leftovers.

amen to that…

sounds logical and reasonable - but is the CFAI a logical and reasonable institute? I think not!

This isn’t really in response to your question, but my Schweser teacher told us that they spend some absurd amount on each question - like mid five digits. No wonder they’re so f’ing ridiculously worded …

This isn’t really in response to your question, but my Schweser teacher told us that they spend some absurd amount on each question - like mid five digits. No wonder they’re so ridiculously worded …

i think they put all the sh*tty questions into sample 2.

I heard the same, somewhere between 25-50 thousand.