CFAI Text Questions

Is it me, or are the CFAI text questions really lengthy and in many cases beyond the scope of what we need to know? I have a feeling I’m wasting a great deal of time on those questions.

It’s just you - those are the toughest part of the exam and the number 1 reason people fail. Keep doing them (even though they suck).

It’s not you. If you look at the old exams, the questions in CFAI text are in a very different format than the actual exam essay questions. Old exams are the best guidance for test day.

where do you get old exam questions? I have a strange feeling I am going to get the search function reply although I would just prefer a link.

During LII, I cussed @ scheser book 7 on how hard those questions were. Now, I am really thankful.

old LIII exams http://cfasuccess.com/cs/files/folders/level3notes/entry77.aspx

I think the CFAI examples and questions are better than those from Schweser — well, or that the format is closer to the exam. I plan not to read through the whole CFAI text, but I plan to finish the example and exercises there! - sticky

I thought it was illegal to have past exams? CFA doesn’t release them do they? Where did this website get them from?

I belive these exams were posted on CFAI website in the past, but currently they just provide exams for the last three years

Any idea where I can find L2 exams on the net?

ws Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > During LII, I cussed @ scheser book 7 on how hard > those questions were. Now, I am really thankful. i disagree. i spent a lot of time learning how to do very complicated adjustments that had zero chance to be on the exam. all it did was kill my confidence going into the exam.