CFAI Work Experience Requirement

Who here has completed the CFAI work experience requirement? I have completed it. If I pass this thing, I will be a CFA sooner :slight_smile:

: ( another 2 yrs for me. can you turn in work exp. before you get a total of 4, i.e. I have two right now, can I send that in for approval?

Yeah…I was actually a member before I wrote the Level 2 exam last year. Like you, the last step is to pass this biatch.

i have enough expierence but didn’t get anything approved yet… i’m superstitious… won’t let myself do it until L3 is a done deal…

i have three more years, but if i pass can i call myself “charter pending”?

I joined the local society and CFAI as a Regular member a few weeks back. Good to have that out of the way.

no experience in sight.

for me either :frowning:

csk i’ll lend you some of mine. there’s a few years i’d rather forget anyway.

No kidding…I have 10 years or something like that. It was retarded trying to write it in 100 words or less.

yeah, i felt like a dope. they should just let us send in a resume…or do away with the requirement altogether. now i need to get rec’s from the local society. have no supervisor so i guess i have to get that waived as well. bureaucratic nonsense…can’t stand it.

AnalyseThis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > for me either :frowning: What do you do?

Geez - If I didn’t have any work experience at this point, I don’t think I’d bother. It’s like having a nice shiny ferrari in the garage you can’t drive.

I’m looking for a job… didn’t have a work permit so far. How about you?

pimp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Geez - If I didn’t have any work experience at > this point, I don’t think I’d bother. It’s like > having a nice shiny ferrari in the garage you > can’t drive. you tell me :frowning: it is dusting next to my mclaren

3 years to go…

CSK - have you tried to get into a position that would fit the requirements? Your a bright guy, I would assume you’d be very employable.

Yeah but he’s got skeleton’s in his closet.

Big Babbu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CSK - have you tried to get into a position that > would fit the requirements? > Your a bright guy, I would assume you’d be very > employable. thanks BB, but i decided to finish CFA business first. Dont want to work long hours and study for CFA at the same time

Makes sense. I work Treasury which usually has decent hours. I’m 8 hours a day, 9 once in a while, but I have a one hour commute each way that makes a long day for me.