CFAs who cant get jobs...

I am not part of the CFA Society here in town and only know other CFA’s that work at my company. Are you guys hearing any trouble with CFA chartersholders (not candidates) not being able to land jobs or do they usually have more than a couple options? For current CFA Charterholders, what would you say the ratio is of resumes sent out to interviews granted? how long was your job search with the crudentials and did you find it easy to land interviews with only cold resumes?

bump… imma try this one more time.

I suppose CFA charterholders use their network to find jobs not applying thru job ads

Hopefully the lack of responses is a good thing. Possibly means CFA’s currently on the job instead of on the message board??

+1 hopefully

I would say it depends on the city. Toronto is probably really tough because you’ve got TONS of CFAs and not that many openings. Thats why even though things are tough, I’m not yet telling people to go fluck themselves in hallway conversations just yet. Willy

I have seen level 3 candidates working as financial service reps in Toronto and this was almost two years ago.

I’m an L3 candidate working as an FSR in Vancouver… heh.

OP is talking about Charterholders. They are supposedly in the industry for 4+ years already. The CFA title won’t make much difference to their career anyway.

ymc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > OP is talking about Charterholders. They are > supposedly in the industry for 4+ years already. > The CFA title won’t make much difference to their > career anyway. very true. i also like the quote by cfa500 that not many charterholders are responding because they simply arent here. in a sense, that is exactly what i was looking for. sometimes its hard not to feel apprehensive about putting as much time into a license that is not a CPA, JD, MD (thats a stretch), or other licenses that are more recognized. i hope this designation keeps going up

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i hope this designation keeps going > up there is no reason to think CFA testing enrollment will decline anytime soon. is there? all the pegs seem to fit. lets bang it out now before it becomes diluted

The best quote I heard about the CFA in Toronto was this. “Everyone notices when you don’t have the CFA but no one notices when you DO have the CFA”. I honestly can’t think of a more pathetic thing to say about our “vaunted” designation because thats just sad. Willy

WillyR…Great quote, it hits the nail right on the head. Toronto is saturated with CFAs and even in the best of times there are not enough positions to absorb all the charter holders. Let’s all band together for a concerted effort to stop people from pursuing the charter to stop the dilution.

I did not realize Canadians were eligible for the charter.